The Big Four

Jack had a lot of great ideas for his friends to help him with his season, most of which were mainly ways to prank Bunny with lots of snow, but he never got the chance. He had just opened his mouth to start giving orders when an owl made entirely of ice flew and landed on the crook of Jack's staff. The winter king tilted his head as he listened to the bird coo at him. Icy blue eyes widened in surprise.

   "Already?! They weren't supposed to be here for another day!"

   Jack subconsciously hovered on the wind, flakes of snow and ice swirling around him as he rapidly spat out commands to the winter sprites still in the great hall. The guardians were once again reminded of Toothania whenever she was busy delegating her fairies.

  "Oi! Jacky, you in 'ere?!" a thickly accented Scottish female voice cried. The heads of everyone in the room turned to look at the guests.

   The one who had spoken was a girl who appeared a few years old than Jack. She had a head full of thick red curls, and she was dressed in a deep blue dress with a bow and quiver strapped to her back.

   On her left stood a young man garbed in the leathers customary of the Viking age. Tools and weapons hung off his belt under his furry brown vest that matched his chestnut hair. His most prominent feature however, was that one of his legs was replaced by a metal prosthetic.

That and the dragon happily nuzzling his hair.

   The final visitor was a girl with outrageously long blond hair decorated with colorful flowers. He feet were bare like Jack's, and she was dressed in the gentle silks and satins of the kingdom of Corona.

   Without a second thought, Jack rocketed over to the three guests and collided in a group hug.

  "I can't believe you came this early!" he exclaimed, "Not that I'm complaining or anything, it's been ages since I've seen you all."

  "You literally just saw us at the Fall Equinox," the other boy rolled his eyes and shared a knowing glance with the redhead.

    It was no secret between them that Jack was the loneliest spirit they had ever met, with no other friends to speak of besides his seasonal siblings and no memories to reminisce on. But today, they couldn't help but notice that the youngest of their group was in a vibrant mood.

  "Still too long, but whatever. Oh! I have to introduce you to the Guardians!" he cheered and pulled them along.

   "The Guardians are here?" the blond asked. Jack beamed and brushed a hand in their direction in a "ta da!" motion.

The winter king flitted over to his teammates enthusiastically, "Guys, meet my older brother and sisters, well, seasonally speaking. We're not blood related, but we are each the head of our season," he rambled, "There's Hiccup, he's the season of autumn, and that's his dragon Toothless. And then there's Merida; she's over the summer. And finally Rapunzel, she takes care of spring."

  He then turned his gaze back to the new arrivals, "Fam, meet the Guardians: North—aka Santa Clause, Tooth, Sandy, and the Easter Kangaroo."

   Bunnymund huffed indignantly, "It's Easter Bunny, mate."

   The eyes of the three seasons narrowed at the sound of his voice, and without any sort of prompting, Merida marched up to the six foot rabbit and smacked him across the face.

    "Aye! What was that for?!"

  "That was f'r '68, ya scabby dobber!"she yelled, "Did ya really think Jacky would makin' a blizzard on yer 'oliday without good reason? He fought Mother tooth 'n' nail not to make it snow, but she wouldn't have it. But you couldn't see that, ya blind gommy! I oughta let ya meet the pointy end o' one me arrows!"