"Manu the businesswoman. " Manohar teased her and everyone smiled and she blushed at his compliment.

"Anju..... When is Damadji coming home? " Nani asked looking at Anjali who smiled widely.

"He is coming tonight. " She replied enthusiastically with a huge smile on her face.

"Hello hi bye bye...... I hope he doesn't stay for only a day and run off again only for us to see him in a month. " Mami taunted and Manohar shook his head and the smile on Anjali's face dropped.

"Mami, he is doing all that for me..... He wants to give me the best life but you are always criticizing and taunting him. " Anjali defended almost on the verge of crying.

"Hello hi bye bye...... I am just looking out for you...... It's been over eight years since you two have been married and he told us in his first year he is building a house for you and we haven't seen it...... Never knew lawyers travelled that often until I met him...... Look at Mr Roy... He is an international lawyer who doesn't even travel the way your husband does..... I don't criticize him because it's fun..... I just want to stop all the taunts and name-calling behind his back..... Everyone calls him Ghar jamai for leaving with us...... Please think Nani is a hypocrite for always teaching others about morals and traditions and you are still leaving in your family house after eight years of being married..... I love you Anjali and you know it...... When he comes home, I want to speak to him. " Mami said and stood up.

Everyone knew she was telling the truth so no one interfered to defend Anjali or Shyam.

Arnav wiped his mouth and stood up and so did Anjali.

"Anju..... Are you going somewhere? " Nani asked seeing HP handing a bag to her.

"Yes... I am meeting a friend. " She replied and Nani nodded.

Arnav moved closer to Anjali making her confused especially seeing him lose her necklace but the confusion changed to a smiles as Arnav pulled out a diamond and emerald necklace and fasten it around her neck.

"A gift for you. " Arnav smiled and Anjali thanked him.

"Chote..... I love it..... Thank you so much. "

Anjali then said goodbye and walked out.

Mami asked Arnav to drop her off and Arnav knew she was going to scold him for what he did.

Immediately they got into the care Mami had this scowl on her face as Arnav drove towards her restaurant.

"Mami I know you are mad at me but please stop giving me this silent treatment...... I promise to tell you the reason why I gave her that necklace tonight okay. " Arnav said and Mami looked at him suspiciously and nodded.

They both drove in silence and within twenty minutes, they both arrived at the restaurant and parked in front of it.