xxi. all good things come to an end

________

________

Nate and Eleanora had ignored the fight and acted the same way they were before. However, the tension was still there. The two could feel it. They know that they will have to talk about it one way or another. They had pushed their date to Saturday night. It is supposed to be this restaurant just out of Mystic Falls. Not too far.

Eleanora had decided to wear a denim blue dress and styled her hair in waves. She felt happy with the way she was dressed and decided to leave. The moment she opened the door, she saw Nate standing on the other side with flowers in his hand. Nate had a nervous look on his face.

"You lo-look gorgeous." Nate gasped in awe at the beauty in front of him. "These are for you."

Eleanora blushed at his compliment and smiled as he gave her a bouquet of her favourite flowers.

"I'll put these in a vase." Eleanora informed, going inside her house, and quickly putting them in freshwater.

Once she returned, Nate spoke. "Ready?" He held his hand out for her to take.

Eleanora gladly accepted and nodded at his question. The two walked to his car as he opened the passenger seat for her.

It was a different atmosphere for both of them. They were treating this date very delicately. The nerves were everywhere. They were cautious. It was like their first date with all the nerves.

They sat in the car embracing the silence since it was comfortable. Somehow throughout the car ride, Nate reached for Eleanora's hold and held it. Eleanora smiled at the gesture. They arrived at the restaurant and on cue, Eleanora's stomach rumbled loudly.

"Somebody is hungry." Nate teased with a smile. And just like that, things felt like they were becoming normal.

Eleanora laughed and playfully pushed him. The two made their way inside the restaurant. Eleanora looked at the menu whilst Nate went to speak to the waiter who wouldn't stop staring at Eleanora. Nate kept his cool and asked for his reservation. The waiter leads the two towards their table and held the chair out for Eleanora.

She smiled and replied, "Thank you." She turned her attention back to the menu so when she wasn't looking, Nate glared at the waiter who looked away scared.

________

The dinner seemed to be going well. It was just the two of them. Everything about their friends and family was just an untouched topic. They seemed to be enjoying themselves. Eleanora smiled as she felt that everything was feeling normal again. Whereas Nate was happy that nothing seemed to change. Their fight was just a forgotten memory.

They spoke about the future, them now, and themselves as kids. Reminiscing about the memories and wondering what the future held for them. What they would be ten years from now? All the drama from the Mikaelson Family and the boarding school wasn't mentioned at all. It was put in the do-not-discuss pile.