viii. hoping to dodge a bullet

Tonight, was girls' night

Tonight, was girls' night. Eleanora, Evelyn, Stephanie, Josie, and Lizzie, every two weeks have a sleepover with each other at one of their houses. They did this to keep up to date in each other's lives. There are times when they sometimes may not speak to everyone in a week, so they decided to come up with girl's night.

It was at Evelyn's house tonight which was close to Eleanora's place. Eleanora had ordered food from the Grill for all the girl's and now all she had to do was pick it up. However, Eleanora was babysitting Alora whilst her parents were out for a while, so she had to take care of her. Not that she minded.

Eleanora took Alora out of her booster seat and held her in her arms. No way was she going to leave her sister in the car while she went to pick up some food. Eleanora rushed inside because she was running late for the sleepover. In the process of this, Eleanora bumped into a person causing them to spill their drinks all over themselves.

Eleanora noticed that the person she bumped into was Elijah Mikaelson. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry I ruined your suit."

Elijah wiped his shirt, looked up at the brunette-haired girl, and replied. "It's fine."

Eleanora saw some tissues laying around, so she grabbed them and handed them to the original. He took the tissues from her and spoke. "Thank you."

Eleanora went to open her mouth to apologise but Elijah interrupted. "It's fine, you don't need to apologise. I have plenty of other suits."

She nodded and spoke. "Yeah, since you're like old." Her eyes widened and she slammed her left hand on her mouth. "Sorry, no filter."

Elijah lightly chuckled at her antics and replied. "I suppose you are right."

"By the way, do you always wear a suit? Like 24/7?" Eleanora questions the elder man.

Elijah nodded at the girl who seemed to be questioning him. He smiled in amusement.

She gasped. "Oh my god, you're smiling."

"Am I not allowed to smile?" Elijah rhetorically replied.

"I didn't mean it like that, but I've seen an original vampire smile. Like we have learned about you at school, but we've learned that you're evil and that. Kol smiles but it's always a mischievous one or a murderous one." Eleanora rambled.

"You seem to be more comfortable in my presence." Elijah observed. At the Mystic Falls, Elijah noticed that Eleanora was stiff and uncomfortable when he and his family came over. He wasn't sure why because his family hadn't personally caused harm to her.

"Yeah, you're all older people. I could feel the darkness coming from all of you which was not a nice feeling." Eleanora exclaimed as she playfully bopped her sister's nose. "And since they were like four of you it was harder.

Elijah nodded in understanding. "You seem to be a powerful witch."

Eleanora nervously chuckled. "That's what I get told. But I can't control it sometimes."