━━━━ ˗ˏ 🍨 ˎ˗‍‍‍‍Short Film #1

"UNTIL NEXT TIME"

LEUKAEMIA is scary. Most kids her age weren't even aware of what it was. They thought it was just a little cold, that'll go away.

No.

It wasn't.

It was a curse.

Both breakable yet unbreakable at the same time.

Like others, 8 year old Krystal didn't have a single idea of such thing.

'It can't be that bad right?'

'Keith said that I'm getting better day by day'

'It's back'

'I can't die'

'I might die'

'I will die'

'I didn't die!'

'Why's mum crying?'

'It's back?'

'I can survive another year, I still have so much to do in my bucket list!'

'It's never going is it?'

Through years, so much about her changed. She had lost hair because of these drugs they qere giving her at the hospital, but they did grow back! She lost friends, yet more came! She lost hope, her family didn't.

They were the only ones that didn't.

Them and her doctors.

Others, just went on with their usual life. Some waking up each day wondering if she was still alive, others just woke up every day pretending she was never there, pretending she was never their friend.

"Honey" Her mother called out, "What would you like for supper?"

Krystal broke put of her trail of thoughts, "stew?" She said the first thing in her mind.

"Chicken.. stew? If it's alright?" Her hair that had been growing ever since she stopped taking the medical drugs, brushed her shoulders.

"Of course baby" Her mother said, motherly love and adoration coating her sweet chain of words that rolled off her tongue with ease.

Krystal hesitantly smiled at the older version of her that walked out if her room.

The cancer was slowly, yet dangerously eating her out. She could feel it. She hated it.

Hated the fact that she knew she could die any second.

Hated the fact that everyone will pity her just because of who she is.

What she is.

A normal human being that was unfortunately a victim of this curse of a disease.

It was a spell.

A spell that did not just affect her, but her family.