Chapter 12

Ella stood there. Hands on hips. Lips pursed. Eyebrows raised. Face of thunder. Jeez, what was her problem?

George leapt off Megan, as quick as lighting, and helped her to her feet.

Megan laughed awkwardly, "I'll see you later then, yeah?"

George nodded his head rapidly, eager to leave the situation, "Sure, I'll text you a time babe."

Megan shot Ella a smile through gritted teeth before swiftly joining Campbelle in their room.

Ella scoffed at George, before turning on her heels and disappearing back down the corridor, leaving George alone and feeling very confused.

***

"Knock knock," Megan said in a sing-song voice as she tapped on George's hotel room door.

No reply.

She pressed lightly on the door and it appeared to be unlocked, as it opened freely. She peered her head around the door, scanning George's room. But there was no sign of George.

She tiptoed inside, closing the door gently behind her. She edged further into his room, quite taken aback by the tidiness of it. She called his name a few more times.

Again, there was no reply.

As she was wondering where he might be, she noticed that the bathroom door was shut. As she heard the faint running of water, it hit her.

Shit, he was in the shower.

But just as she was turning to tiptoe back out of the room, the bathroom door swung open, revealing...well, everything.

Megan froze, blinded by the shock of what she was seeing.

George Shelley was just standing there. Completely naked.

As soon as he noticed her, he let out a high-pitched squeal, causing Megan to break out of her daze.

She screamed, covering her eyes with her hands, repeating the words, "OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY!" Over and over again.

George grabbed his towel of his bed, frantically wrapping around his body to cover himself, whilst saying a very long string of swear words.

Megan, who was still shielding her eyes with her hands yelled over his cursing, "Is it safe to look?!"

"Oh, so now you ask?!" George hissed, his cheeks the colour of a tomato, "But yes, it's safe."

Megan peeped out from behind her hands, "I'm so sorry, George, I thought I was on time and I knocked but there was no reply and the door was open so I thought you might be inside and then I realised you were in the shower so I was just about to leave and then --"

"It was an honest mistake, it's fine!" George cut her off, waving his hand dismissively.

They stood there in silence, George biting his lip and Megan tapping her foot. Neither of them making eye contact.

"Well this has been sufficiently awkward," George commented.

"Yeah, I might just go..." Megan added quickly, edging away.

"No, don't go!" George called after her.

Megan halted, wondering why on earth he would want her to stay.

"You're all...dressed up," He said, waving his hand at her outfit.

She cocked her head, an eyebrow raised, "George. I'm wearing leggings and an oversized jumper."

"Y-yeah?" George stammered.

"Boys," Megan muttered under her breath before laughing, "Fine, I'll stay!"

"Yay!" George exclaimed. He was about to punch the air with both fists, before remembering that the only thing covering his modesty was a flimsy towel.

He grinned sheepishly, "I might just put some clothes on."

Megan smacked her face with her palm, "Please do!"

He disappeared into the bathroom, giggling away. Megan was grateful that they'd managed to sidestep this extremely awkward situation.

She had admit though, out of what she saw - she liked.

He soon re-emerged, his body now fully covered in an adorable monkey onesie.

Megan cooed in a baby voice, "Awh you look so cayoot I could just eat you up!"

"Ha-ha," George replied sarcastically.

"I'm only joking," Megan winked, "You look hot."

"I know right," George struck a pose and put on a camp voice, "You love it."

Megan snorted before they both cracked up with laughter.

"You absolute goon," Megan threw a pillow at George's head, which he reacted to by taking the pillow and jumping onto the bed with it, sinking into the covers.

He patted the space beside him, "Come on, climb in."

Megan took this as her cue to jump onto the spot, wriggling around in the bundle of sheets and blankets and duvet until she was snuggled up comfortably next to George.

George picked up the remote and Paranormal Activity flashed onto the screen.

Megan jabbed him with her finger, "You're joking, right?"

A wide smile crept across George's lips, "Nope!"

Megan crossed her arms sulkily, "We're watching something else. I refuse to watch this."

It was now her turn to be jabbed, "Um, you walked in on me naked so I'm afraid we're watching this!"

Megan groaned, "I hate you!"

"I know."

The film commenced as Megan shrunk deeper into George.

George slung his arm protectively over Megan's shoulder and whispered, "Don't worry, I'm here."