Chapter 11

As Megan scuttled into Biology first thing on Monday morning, she was half expecting to be woken up by an infectious giggle. But as she clocked the empty seat next to hers, she realised that she wouldn't be hearing it for a while.

Feeling quite sad at this, she gloomily awaited the morning bell that would commence the day. She heard snippets of other pupils' conversations about their weekend, and she smiled to herself remembering the fun she'd had. She thought of George as a good friend now, despite the fact that they hardly knew each other.

She heard her name in a conversation that was being had behind her. She whipped her head around, trying to catch wind of who it was. It wasn't hard to tell. There was a group of girls gathered around a magazine in the back corner, some of them sniggering at something and others shooting Megan death stares.

Curious to know what they were finding so amusing, Megan hopped up from her seat and strode over to them. She whipped the magazine out of their hands. The girls protested at this but Megan was already flicking through the pages.

It didn't take long for her to find it.

Plastered across the front page was a picture of her and George on Saturday, holding hands as they left Capital FM. The headline read, "Is Love In The Air? Read More Inside!"

She froze, panic-stricken.

After taking in what she had seen she frantically scanned the pages until she found the 'full story'. There was a photo collage made up of numerous pictures. One was of Megan watching George 'lovingly' as he greeted the fans. Another was of George 'love struck' as he smiled at Megan whilst she was talking to a reporter. Another was...wait. George has made sure there was no one around when they hugged. If they caught this, how many pictures were taken that they didn't know of? What if they followed them to the theme park? Was this the only magazine that had chronicled this?

Megan's head was now swimming with stories that these magazines could come up with about them. The original panic turned to anger. Megan didn't want this. She wasn't this kind of girl.

She thrust the magazine back in the group of girls' faces and felt the sudden urge to storm out. Did George know about this?

She gathered up her belongings, threw them back in her bag and rushed out of the classroom. She heard the girls make some 'oohing' noises as she made her way towards the girls' toilets. Not looking back, she shook them off and began to punch a text message to George into her Blackberry.

George had just arrived at the Corinthia hotel when he heard his phone beep. Taking a break from unpacking, he acknowledged that he had a new message.

From: Megan

Hey, hope everything's okay at the hotel? I reaally didn't want to bother you on your first day but you might want to check out the front cover of Heat...x

Not too sure what Megan was implying, he casually made his way down to the hotel shop where they were selling magazines.

As he made his way over to the magazines, his eyes caught sight of what Megan was talking about.

"Shit," He muttered under his breath, before turning quickly on his heels and scampering back up to his hotel room.

Once he was safely behind closed doors, he rang Megan, praying that she wasn't in a lesson.

"George?" A voice could be heard faintly on the other end.

"It's me...I've seen it."

Megan sighed, "Pretty bad, eh?"

"You can say that again," George chuckled.

Silence.

"But everything will be fine," He added hurriedly, "I'm sorry for getting you into this."