Chapter 9

Megan followed George through the revolving doors. As she stepped outside, something flashed in her face. Then something else. She was blinded by the bright, white light. It took a couple of seconds for her eyes to readjust. As she reopened them, she gasped at the sight before her.

Two cameras. Five. Ten. Twenty. Snapping shots of her and George from all angles possible. And to the left, a hoard of screaming girls.

She felt a tug on her right arm. It broke her out of her daze and she noticed that George was now a good metre or so ahead of her. She felt like such an idiot, frozen to the spot. But wouldn't you have been?

She shot a desperate glance at George as he beckoned her over to where he was chatting to a reporter calmly. Had he been trained for this or something?

She hesitantly joined him, her hand still gripping onto his like a scared child.

The reporter thrust the microphone in her face, "So, Megan. Can you confirm the rumours, please. Are you George Shelley's girlfriend?"

Megan could barely hear the question with the manic girls that were restrained by a barrier just to the left of her. But she caught the last bit of the question and replied as cooly as she could, "No, he isn't. Promise."

"Are you sure?" The reporter asked with a hint of disappointment in his voice.

Megan laughed, "Don't you think I would know?"

George smiled smugly at the reporter, "Told you!"

His breath tickled Megan's ear as he whispered, "I betta go see the fans. Do you mind? I won't be long."

Megan waved her hand dismissively, "Of course not. Go, go!"

She slipped away from the crowd and made her way back to George's car. She watched him admiringly as he spoke to each of the fans, hugged them and took photos. He was so good with them. They, of course, are very important to every musician as they're what keeps them going! Megan decided that if she was going to be friends with George she should try and get used to this. She didn't mind though.

It wasn't long before George was joined by the other members of Union J and their families. This allowed him to sneak away pretty much unnoticed.

He trotted over to Megan and once he was sure that no one was watching them, gave her a massive hug.

He sighed into her hair, "Are you okay? It's pretty crazy."

Megan let out a low whistle, "You can say that again!"

George let out a breath of laughter as he hurriedly got into the car and Megan copied his actions.

They drove away speedily and once they were safely away they were able to talk properly.

"I don't know if I'll ever get used to that," George shook his head, ruffling his hair in the process.

"You had me fooled," Megan said, remembering how calm he'd come across.

George raised an eyebrow, "Really?"

"Yeah, you're a natural."

George looked pretty chuffed at this.

"And the girls love you," Megan continued.

George shrugged, "Well, what can I say? They like what they see."

Megan hit his arm playfully and they both burst into fits of laughter.

"Ooh, we're almost here!" George whooped.

Megan clapped her hands together, "Yay!"

George chuckled, "Don't get too excited, okay? I just wanted to introduce you to one of my favourite things. And it looks like we're here!"

Megan's eyes open wide in delight as she recognised the surroundings.

George beamed, "Surprise!"