Chapter 10

"Oh. My. God." Megan clasped her hands to her mouth in shock, "I haven't been here for years!"

"You like it?" George asked smugly, clearly pleased with himself.

"Yes, yes, yes!" Megan was practically jumping out of her seat as she threw her arms around George's neck, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"I think you might be more excited than me!" George giggled as he got out the car and went to open Megan's door for her.

She slid out of the car and bit her lip to hold back a squeal of excitement as her eyes followed the rollercoaster cart that had just whooshed past her in a blur.

George grabbed her hand, "Come on, let's go!"

They ran towards the park entrance and waited in the queue. Megan was quite grateful that no one recognised George.

It wasn't long before they hand there wristbands and were by a huge map of all the rides, struggling to choose which one to go on first.

Megan sighed, "This is too hard! I can't really remember any of them, so you choose."

"Do you trust me, Rose?" George asked in a husky American accent.

"I trust you, Jack," Megan mimicked his accent.

"Follow me," George winked and he led Megan further into the park giggling at the Titanic quote.

They stopped in front of a really tall rollercoaster with a steep slope up and down - it was one of those ones which make your stomach drop. And it was very, very high.

"Woah," Megan muttered under her breath.

George grinned, "You ready?"

"Do I even have a choice?!" Megan exclaimed, the butterflies gradually multiplying in her stomach.

George paused, imitating that he was thinking, "No."

And with that they joined the short queue. As they edged closer to the front, Megan grew more anxious.

"You're next!" A man bellowed and indicated for them to sit in a cart with two seats.

As the man strapped them in and pulled down a bar so that they were secure, Megan turned to George, "I'm scared," She breathed.

George kissed her forehead, "You'll love it, don't worry."

Megan gulped, "Promise?"

"Pinky promise," George confirmed.

As they slowly started to move forwards and upwards, Megan took a deep breath. she loved rollercoasters, sure, but she still got terrified.

As they slowly made their way towards the top, Megan made the mistake at looking at the ground.

Close to tears, she started panicking, "George, George, I don't want to do this, I want to get off! Oh my God, we're so high!"

George shushed her soothingly, "You're fine, you're fine, I'm here. It'll be over soon."

As they approached the edge, Megan buried her head in George's shoulder, her bottom lip trembling with fear.

She braced herself.

Five.

Four.

Three.

Two.

"Here we goooooooooo!" George yelled.

Megan felt her stomach lurch as they sped down the steep slope. George was cheering and screaming beside her. She felt a rush of adrenaline surge through her as she lifted her head from his shoulder and let out a small yelp.

As her fear disappeared, she whooped whilst the wind smacked her face and a buzzing rang in her ears. She joined in with George's screams and it wasn't long until they were at the bottom.

The man removed the bar and I strapped them. They climbed out of the cart and were laughing uncontrollably as they made their way away from the ride.

"That was amazing!" Megan panted.

George was out of breath, "I know right. I told you!"

Megan smiled, "Thank you."

"For what?" George slowly regained his normal breathing pattern.

Before Megan could answer, she burst into a fit of laughter.

"What?!" George asked, bemused.

"Yo-your...your ha-hair!" She managed to get out.

George caught sight of his hair in the reflection on a plastic sign nearby and started giggling. The wind had made it all stick up on end and it looked like he'd been electrocuted.

He ran his hand through it swiftly, causing it to return to its usual 'bed-hair' style.

Megan stopped laughing and pouted, "Awhh, I was enjoying that!"

"Sorry! Are you ready for another ride?" George laughed.

"Is your hair?" Megan asked patronisingly, cocking her head.

George blushed slightly, "I think it'll survive."