Chapter 7

"Make-up."

Megan pointed at her face, "Check?"

"Spare make-up?"

Megan fumbled around in my handbag until she found a lipgloss and a mascara, waving them around above her head, "Check."

"Hairbrush."

Megan sighed tiresomely, "Check."

"Breath mints, breath spray, chewing gum."

"Campbellee!" Megan groaned, "You're so annoying!"

Campbelle shrugged, "You have to be prepared."

Megan threw a pillow at her before gathering up the remainder of her things.

Campbelle threw the pillow back, "So, you have no idea what you're doing today? None at all?"

"Nope. He just said he'd be picking me up," Megan glanced at her watch, "Around about now."

As if by magic, the sound of the doorbell ringing echoed around the house.

Campbelle started fanning herself with her hands, squealing, "Ahh that's him!"

Megan rolled her eyes, "If this is going to happen every time I see him, I'm not going to tell you."

Campbelle gasped in mock horror, "You wouldn't."

Megan smiled smugly, "You're going the right way about it."

Campbelle took this as her cue to calm down.

Megan laughed, "I better go answer the door. Stay as long as you want. My parents should be back soon."

Campbelle quickly pulled Megan into a hug, her voice muffled by Megan's hair, "Good luck! And call me later, okay?"

Megan smiled before heading out of the door, "Of course. Love you!"

"Love you too!" Campbelle called at her retreating back, "And stay safe!"

Megan held her middle finger up above her head as she went down the stairs. She could hear Campbelle laughing as she reached the bottom step. Man, she loved that girl.

She rushed to the door, opening it hurriedly. As expected, she was met with George's cheeky grin, "Take your time."

"Sorry, my stupid best friend was holding me up."

George laughed, "No worries."

He gestured for Megan to follow him to his car, which was parked conveniently across the road, "I'm afraid I've got to drop my little sister off at a friend's house on the way, is that okay?"