Chapter 7 - They Reach a Decision

A/N: I'm getting slightly less motivated to write this, despite the fact that I just posted this on AO3. There are 2 options I have:

Persevere and continue the story despite lack of motivation, which will result in less frequent posts probably. The story will probably stop short as well, as it'll probably end when this whole Fundy thing is completely settled, or finally

Include Hermitcraft members because the reason I'm less motivated is because I've watched less DSMP stuff and read less damp fanfictions recently, instead moving onto Hermitcraft a bit, which will likely only increase as Hermitcraft Season 9 started literally yesterday. I'd likely be a bit more motivated to continue the story if it was a crossover like that. I'd probably make several of the Hermitcraft members become the new owners of the orphanage or that type of thing because I'm not going to have anyone get adopted, and I don't want to have to deal with everyone being orphans in this orphanage. The members would probably do irl equivalents of what they're good at in Hermitcraft (for example, redstone people would be various types of engineers or inventors). Also I feel like the Hermits can more easily play an adult role, even if it's the role of a really fun aunt or uncle who is irresponsible a lot of the time. And I'd have to deal with the obvious issue with the fact that I'd want to include almost all of the Hermitcraft members, which is over 30 people, but there's only 5 relevant kids in the orphanage. But if I work out this stuff and go with it, I'm more likely to decide to also add Tubbo and/or Ranboo (which of course will likely result in Micheal also showing up at some time, who knows). That may also result in other damp members showing up to change the kid/adult ratio, but who knows. And the other kids in the orphanage that hardly exist will probably all conveniently turn 18 or rediscover some long lost relative to adopt them or something so I don't have to deal with them.

But anyway, comment which one you want. Are you interested in me adding Hermitcraft? Or are you just a DSMP fan who doesn't know anything about the Hermits and would be confused if they were added? Or some other idea? Please let me know!

Anyway, enjoy this chapter, though it's probably pretty obvious what was going to happen in the end.

-Wilbur's POV-

When we got back from meeting with Sally, we unfortunately couldn't talk about the choice immediately. Phil had work he had to go to right after, and since we wouldn't be able to have a full discussion beforehand, he asked us all to wait until he gets back and we all have time to think about what all of the pros and cons and different angles are of letting Fundy join us and basically taking care of him. As Phil is leaving, Techno realizes that he has a recording he has to do after Phil gets back, so the discussion will get postponed even a bit later.

I think it's pretty obvious what my opinion is. Fundy needs a place to stay, and we are able to provide. Even though we're just kids, we don't really have to worry about the money another kid would require since technically the orphanage does all of that. All we'd be are the emotional part of parents, which I'd argue we kind of are doing already. Besides, Phil is close to an adult, so I'm sure he can be responsible enough to look out for him. Instead of trying to figure out my answer, I spent that time wondering what everyone else would say.

Phil would probably say yes, since he obviously knows Fundy well, as well as he'd probably agree with my argument I just mentioned.

Tommy would probably also say yes, since he'd no longer be the youngest, which he'd probably be excited about since he always complains about it. Though he's complained less since he talked to Phil about it (1). Also, when we've hung out, he seems to enjoy the company of someone who can match his chaotic energy when I'm busy with the nuisance that is high school.

Techno, though, I'm not quite sure. I know he thinks it's cool that someone else shares his enjoyment of Minecraft, even if they like different parts of it, but he doesn't really like it when people try to talk to him while he's working. And if Fundy joined us, those disturbances would probably increase, especially because Fundy is younger and more inquisitive, as well as the previously-mentioned shared interest that Fundy would likely ask about.