Chapter 2 - Sally Meets SBI

-Fundy's POV-

I can't wait to hang out with Phil and Will this afternoon! I've never had 2 whole hours to hang out, and also I'm not used to being with both of them at the same time! Also, usually when I'm talking to Phil, he's helping me with school stuff. Now we can really do whatever! And Mom will be there too! This will be great!

We go to the park, and I quickly find Wilbur and Philza waiting for us.

"Phil! Will! Hi!" I run, shouting to them. Mom follows behind me, walking. Moms are so boring, they don't run. Anyway, I crash into the brothers, who crouch down to engulf me in a hug. They stand back up to greet Mom.

"Hello, you two must be Philza and Wilbur, who I've heard so much about. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too. Yes, I'm Philza, or Phil. I take it you're Fundy's mom? You have an amazing son."

I'm already smiling, but I somehow smile a bit more. I know Phil likes hanging out with me, but it's cool to hear him tell someone else.

"I'm Wilbur, as I'm sure you know, but feel free to call me Will, I get called that more often than my real name anyway." Will greets.

"Wonderful! And you were right, I'm Fundy's mom, but please call me Sally. None of that "Mrs. Fundy's Mom" nonsense that some kids say."

"Nice to meet you, Sally. Anyway, what do you guys want to do here?"

"Ooh, I want to go on the swings! Then we can play lava monster on the play structure!" I suggest excitedly.

"That sounds like fun!" Wilbur replies. "Are you going to join, Sally, or just watch?"

Mom smiles a bit. "Well, I guess I might as well join in the fun"

We spent a few hours just hanging out, playing games. At one point, Dad showed everyone the progress on his new song! Mom seemed to have fun too, and though she got tired and decided to sit out for the game of tag (1), she still enjoyed watching us.

After we had to leave, Mom exchanged phone numbers with Grandpa and Will, so we can schedule hangouts more frequently.

We got home, and soon after, Father got home from his lunch or whatever he was doing.

"Sally, what did you do while I was gone?" he called into the house.

"I took Fundy to the park to hang out." Mom responded, walking over to him.

"Hmph. Is that all you did?"

"Yes. You know the park is only 5 miles away, so I only drove there and back."

"Fine. Next time you leave though, tell me beforehand. I'm not going to keep Fundy from growing up into a strong, excited young man, but as a woman, you can't make important decisions like when Fundy can go to the park."

"Okay."

Ugh, Father is giving another lecture thing again. At least that means that there will be more meetups with Dad and Grandpa in the future!

A/Ns:

1. Just a thing, she doesn't have a medical condition or any sort of plot relevant reason for not wanting to exercise or run. I just wrote this because she's old compared to everyone else. Sally is probably in her late 30s, while everyone else is in high school. And even though 30s isn't that old, Fundy is literally a ball of energy as an elementary schooler and Wilbur and Philza are in high school and almost at the physical prime of their life or whatever. I included the reference to her age to make the story a bit more accurate, and also to remind people that SallyxWilbur is not a thing in this book! Because of how the book is set up, Sally can either be Will's girlfriend or Fundy's mom, but not both. I chose the latter.

Chapter Word Count: 492 (sorry it's short)

Total Word Count: 639