Chapter 3: Meeting The Family

Start from the beginning

You slowly approach the horse, holding your hands out in front of you. "WOAH! Easy!" you exclaim. When you get closer to the horse, it huffs softly and appears to look right at you

"Hey there, handsome boy. Look at you. So well taken care off." You say as you realize that the horse is a stallion.

"It's alright. Shhh." You keep shushing as you slowly grab the horse's halter and softly pull its head down. With one arm, you reach around the neck and rhythmically brush your hand from his neck to his shoulder.

After rushing into the hallway, Thor halts as he notices the stable hand on the ground and watches you calm the horse.

"Are you okay?" Thor whisper yells to the stable hand who nods in response. 

"He seems calmer now. What do I do now?" You turn your head to the stable hand who is now slowly getting up. He calmly approaches and guides you to put the horse back into his stable. 

"Thank you, my Lady. I could have been severely hurt if you hadn't intervened." The stable hand says.

"Really, it was no trouble." You beam as you are pretty proud of yourself that you were able to calm him down. 

"Lady Nova, we must take our leave. The Allfather awaits." 

"Ok. Coming." Taking a moment to gaze again at the black horse, you smile before following Thor out of the stables.

~~~~~~

Finally at the palace, Thor leads you up the stairs and as you approach the top, a small army of maids is waiting for you.

He hands you off to a handful of those maids, while the rest follow Thor. They guide you to a bedroom nearby, one that seems even bigger than your new room at the compound, though you don't get a moment to look around the room as you get pulled straight into the attached bathroom. 

Without saying a single word, two of the maids start to undress you while another runs a bath. While you'd like to protest, you're not sure whether it would actually make a difference. Based on the way they are working, it seems they have orders to follow and will not stray too far from them regardless of what you might want. 

Up to now there have been three women tending to you, but then a fourth steps in with a medieval-style purple gown with a corseted waist. 

Once you've bathed, the maids take care of your hair and makeup as well as help you put on the gown

Once you've bathed, the maids take care of your hair and makeup as well as help you put on the gown. As soon as they lace you up and put the heels on your feet, they guide you back outside to Thor who is patiently waiting for you just down the hall.

"Lady Nova, Asgardian garb suits you well!" Thor takes your hand and softly kisses it.

"Thanks, Sparky." You bow sarcastically as you smile.

"Oof! My Lady, that was a horrible curtsy. May I ask you to refrain from doing that again?" Thor laughs as he holds out his arm for you to grab.

"Oh shut it, Thor. We're not all born royal." You playfully smack his arm and roll your eyes before snaking your arm through his. He guides you through the lengthy hallway towards a terrace, overlooking the warriors training below it.