Ssn2 - Insert Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

Me : "I know I'm your favorite but no lay off me , ninuka intuthu."  They giggle loudly.

Okuhle : "Ohh ususho nje just because you not doing your wifely duties emzini"  I shove her playfully while laughing.

Me : "mxm. Ya stranger."  I say looking at a grinning Musa.

Musa : "I'm sorry mama. It's just that lately I've been really occupied."

Me : "even to send a text or call?"  She looks at me sheepishly.

Musa : "No. I'm sorry mawami."

Okuhle : "Are you sure she's not yours malumekazi?"  I laugh at her.

Me : "you should see her mother."  They stay with me until Muzi came back then they left promising to come back later.

Muzi : "Baby. Who cleaned?"  I know his about to lecture me. I really love my husband but I don't like it when he becomes doctor to me.

Me : "Baby you said stretching my legs will help me with healing angithi nje?"

Muzi : "I said that exactly but I never said strain yourself." 

Me : "Aw kahle mnyeni wami."  He smiles and I know I've got him. He pecks my lips but I hold his head deepening the kiss. He breaks it when we hear the front door opens. He excuses himself and I hear him greeting the person on his way out. Mom stands by the door leaning on the door frame.

Mom : "You hate me neh?"  I look at her and shrug.

Me : "No I don't , I could never."  She asks me to join her in the lounge.

Mom : "I really feel stupid. Even your mother-in-law gave me an earful lecture about how I suddenly neglected her daughter. Baby I can never express how sorry I am. From deepest pits of my heart I am sorry."

Me : "I undestand y'all had to make up for the lost time together but I can never understand why I wasn't included mina. Am I not your daughter too? Isn't she my sister? Or maybe I'm not your child? O know I sound ridiculous right now but Ma you guys never even told me that my late brother that I never even knew was born a twin. You mah made me get used to our dates every week , your calls almost everyday but suddenly when one child of yours resurfaces y'all forget about me in a blink of an eye. Three months, 2 weeks & 4days mah?"  Yes I've been counting.

Mom : "I really don't have an excuse baby."

Me : "Yazi I would've even appreciated a video call atleast. You don't know my newborn mama! You've never even called to check if I healed well after delivering my baby."

Mom : *sniffs*  "I'm sorry Nono."

Me : "Do you know that exactly after a month I birth , I had problems with my womb that I had to have an operation to have it removed?"  She looks gulity and it seems like she knew.

Mom : "........"

Me : "Mah! You knew? Wow." 

Mom : "I'm truly sorry my baby."

Me : "No you not sorry mama , you aren't mama so please."  A knock erupts and the person walks, it's non other than my sister Nokuthula.

Nokuthula : "Hi sis. Mommy you good?" I just stare at them engaging in a conversation. Now I feel stupid for even wasting my breath on my mother who was apologizing and crying minutes ago. I walk out of the lounge.

Mom : "NONO!!"  I hear her shouting for me.  I go back to the lounge and sit opposite them.

Mom : "Your sister would like to apologize to you."  Can't she speak? But it's whatevs so I shift my focus to her.

Nokuthula : "Sisi wami. I'm totally sorry for being a bitch towards you it was totally unnecessary and stupid of me if you ask me. In my head I actually hated you for getting an opportunity of being raised by both our parents while I was raised by people who stole me. I can never express how sorry I am for my selfishness. I'm also sorry for never acknowledging your efforts and your kindness even before you met me. I'm entirely grateful for ever taking care and loving my daughter in my absence. I really would love it of we could build a relationship or bond as sisters , something I've always yearned for. I'm sorry baby sis for even trying to make you a bad person. I actually love you , especially from what I've geard and read about you."   She sounds so sincere.

Me : "Yes you are a bitch. I forgive you. Nawe mah. Now please excuse me I'd like to take my medication and rest."  They nod shamefully and walk out meeting my husband by the door , who comes straight at me and hugs me tightly as my tears start to drop and I sob loudly in his arms.

Muzi : "baby come. I have something to show you." He takes my hand leading me outside.  I must say , BabuNkomo's concoction really helped , I feel very much better now.

We meet Ndabezinhle and Melokuhle by the door , Ndabe hands me a bunch of balloons and Melokuhle hands me a small box.  I look at my husband dumbfounded and he smiles at me. I notice that now the attention is on us. I open the box and I met by...

Me : "Baby?"

Muzi : "Yours baby."  I look at him wide eyed.

Me : "Where is it?!!!!"  I ask clapping my hands while jumping.

Muzi : "Just around the yard."  I walk to the back of the yard and there stands my own brand new white Bentley Bentayga. I scream running towards my husband with tears steaming down my cheeks. I kiss him and deepen the kiss when he tries to break it. I finally break it pecking his lips.

Me : "Thank you so much ndoda yami."  He grins. I leave him and go inside my car to test drive it. The passengers door opens and Linds buckles herself up.

Linds : "let's go to town."  As I start the car the back doors open and Amanda and my mother-in-law climb in. I laugh at them and drive out.

Later at night.

I was on my husband's lap snuggling on him while we sat outside around the fire with all his cousins and their spouses including my sister and her husband. My sons Imbeleko Ceremony turned to some sort of family reunion since everyone was here.

Sbu : "But bafethu , Muzi was the reserved one amongst all of us."

Linds : "No. It's because he impregnated when he was young." 

Muzi : "Whatever! Y'all are just bitter that we lasted all these years. It's been what baby?"

Me : "uhmmm mmm I think 28 years?" They all laugh at us.

Bab'Dlamini walks towards us.

Baba : "Kids."

Sbu : "Babomdala we are very grown , we married with kids!"

Phetho : "so please refrain from calling us kids." 

Baba : "Y'all will always remain kids to me."

Muzi : "then please buy a new car." 

Baba : "Uyahlanya. I have news."

Phetho : "Zithini babomdala."

Baba : "Delisile's house burnt down with her and Zodwa trapped inside."