★CHAPTER 11★

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

At the girls restroom...

"DONT WORRY ELIZA, You're too good for him!" Luna assured her as Brooklyn wiped away her tears as they sat on the bathroom counters.

"No! I'm not, he deserves Maria! I mean look at her! Soft red locks of her, tall, pretty. And I'm just some short dweeb!" Eliza reminded them.

Brooklyn felt a sudden anger for Blake for doing this to her.

"Y'know what..." Brooklyn chuckled, slamming the wet tissues on the counter.

Luna and Eliza looking up at her, she stomped out pulling back her hair

"Where are you going?!" Luna yelled at Brooklyn, Brooklyn pulled up her black dress; she shut the door with a slam, and came back again.

"You coming?!" She yelled.

She tended to do that a lot.

Luna stood up pulling Eliza out, they ran out Luna pulling Lucas and Brooklyn pulling Travis up.

They all stood confused.

"Where's Blake!?" Brooklyn yelled at Lucas and Travis.

"He went to his cabin, why?" Travis responded. Brooklyn didn't say anything, All five of them passed the halls to go to Blakes room, "Eliza, what happened?" Lucas asked.

"Blake friggin kissed Maria!" Luna answered for her.

"He did what?" Lucas yelled/asked.

"Wait a minute...that doesn't sound like Blake. Blake's a lot of things, I'll tell you that, but he's not a cheater," Travis stopped. "Who did he kiss again?"

"MARIA!" Brooklyn yelled, "HOW COULD YOU FORGET THAT!?!?!"

"Not the point...Maria sounds like the kind of person who could be an evil mastermind..."

"Are you actually DEFENDING Blake right now?" Luna screamed.

"No, I'm just saying there has to be a reasonable explanation for this," Travis paused at the door to the room he and Blake shared. He started to open it but Brooklyn pulled him back.

"This is a conversation Eliza and Blake need to have in private," she told him.

Luna nodded, "yeah. But if he makes you upset, just cry and I'll come in and kick his ass, deal?"

Eliza wiped away her tears and chuckled, "deal."

Then, after a deep breath, she opened the door.

Blake was sitting on his bed, staring down at a photo. When Eliza came in, he jumped and shoved it under his pillow-but Eliza got a glimpse of it. And, though she wasn't sure if she was surprised or just smug she'd got it right, it wasn't of Maria.

The photo was of Brooklyn, her dark brown hair scooped into a ponytail as she posed for the photograph, her arm around a girl who looked like a 15-year-old version of her.

"Eliza...I know you probably saw and I know what your thinking but lemme explai-"

"You don't like Maria at all do you?" Eliza asked. The pieces of the puzzle were fitting perfectly in her head.

"No I don't I like yo-"

"Your in love with Brooklyn."

That caught him by surprise.

"What?"

"Blake...you and I were never really in love," Eliza sat down on the bed-she'd never broken up with a boy after three days of dating, but she knew she had to do it. "I'm not the one for you, your not the one for me. But I know something-Brooklyn? She's closer to being the one for you."

"Your not mad...?" Blake asked.

Eliza laughed, "mad? No, Blake. I'm not mad. Maybe we were in love at one point, but not recently. And sometimes, people like to cling to the remnants of that feeling, because they're afraid that once they let it go, they'll never catch it again. I think that's what happened to us, but lemme tell you something Blake Wright. I'm going to help you find your girl-whether it's Brooklyn or someone else out there. I swear."

And when she kissed Blake's cheek for the last time, she let go of something that was never really hers...

...

Luna and Lucas were kissing in a corner.

After Eliza had come out and explained that she and Blake had decided on a mutual break-up, but were still friends, Luna had gotten bored. So she had dragged Lucas to a corner in one of the corridors containing the hotel rooms for a make-out session.

She loved the beginning of relationships.

The problem was, she didn't really feel anything. No butterflies in her stomach, or fireworks when their lips met.

We'll get there, she assured herself, and kept kissing him.

They didn't get there.

They'd been making out for fifteen minutes, and Luna still felt nothing but a strange uneasiness in the pit of her stomach.

But she had to get there. Luna HAD to get over Travis.

And that's when she made the decision-she had no idea if she'd regret it, or if she'd be happy about it, but she had  to do it.

Luna pulled away from Lucas, "Wanna go into my room?"

...

[Written: December, 2020

Edited: February 27th, 2022

Published: February, 2022]