★CHAPTER 6★

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

THE NEXT MORNING, The cheerfulness from the night before had worn off.

Luna couldn't stop thinking about Travis...which went against her very specific principals. Obsessing over boys? Yeah that was a no-no.

She yawned – she'd stayed up all night thinking about him.

Next to her, Brooklyn was also sleep deprived. She kept trying to think of how to deal with her...situation. How to tell Travis that in reality, she liked his best friend.

Eliza's eyes kept flitting over to Blake, her heart thumping like crazy. Reason? Unknown.

Blake's eyes kept zooming over to Eliza and Brooklyn, his own heart thumping like crazy. Reasons are also unknown ( Not ). 

Travis couldn't stop thinking of Luna and Brooklyn. The two girls were polar opposites. Brooklyn cared a little too much over how she looked, and may have been a little spoiled-but she was such a nice and genuine person to talk to and truthful, he valued every moment with her. Luna could keep her cool in the worst situations, as far as he could see. She was easygoing and funny and...he just didn't know what to think of anyone anymore!

...

At breakfast, Eliza was in the pancake line when a girl bumped into her.

She was tall, with flame red hair and light brown eyes-which, for some reason, intimidated Eliza. The way she stood, the way she glared at her, the way she towered over her-all the more because Eliza was pretty short, barely five foot-the whole package.

"What's up with you?" her voice sent shivers down her spine.

"You bumped into me..." Eliza reminded her, her voice barely more then a squeak.

The girl glanced at her like she was a piece of gum under her shoe, "Next time stick your nose out of your book, maybe then you will know how to walk without bumping into people," she gave her a sarcastic smirk, rolled her eyes and walked away like she was on a runway, towards another girl who was waving her over and yelling, "MARIA!"

"I'm coming Stacey jeez," Maria-which Eliza guessed was the girl's name-laughed back.

"You Ok?" Blake asked when Eliza sat down at the table, "you look like you've seen a ghost!"

"Fine," Eliza's voice was faint, her face pale. She looked away and stuffed a pancake into her face.

Blake knew she was lying, but he let it drop.

Brooklyn sat down looking happy as ever, "Won a lottery?" Luna giggled.

"Made myself an alasken friend," she laughed.

"The girl with the red hair?" Travis asked looking weirded out.

"Yup," Brooklyn said.

"I don't know Brooklyn, she gives me bad vibes..." Luna said awkwardly.

"Ya, she doesn't seem good for you Brooklyn"Travis added on.

"Ugh, she is so annoying"Eliza whined. 

"What'd she do to you?" Brooklyn asked, surprised at her friends reactions.

"She bumped into me."

They all looked at Eliza. 

"Seriously? That's it-she bumped into you? No offense Liza, but this is kinda a overreaction," Brooklyn answered.

"I hate to agree with Brook, but yeah it is," Luna nodded.

"Maybe it was just a misunderstanding," Blake suggested.

Eliza snorted, "yeah right."

Then she started reading her book.

...

Brooklyn and Travis had gone off to be...Brooklyn and Travis (Eliza had mimed vomiting to Blake then). Luna had gone off to either sketch depressing things or draw up a murder plan for Brooklyn. The only people left were Eliza and Blake.

"What you reading?"

Eliza held up the book in her hands.

"The Fault in Our Stars?"

"It sucks."

"Really?" Blake had never heard Eliza say a book sucks.

"No, I'm gonna cry soon," Eliza put the book down. Blake was sitting extremely close to her, his arm around her shoulders.

"You can cry over a book? How emotional can you get?" Blake snickered.

Eliza glared at him, her short blonde hair blowing around her face, mixed in with her grey and black scarf (which she was wearing because even inside, it was freezing.)

Blake shifted uncomfortably, "What happened? Yes, it sounds very sad."

Eliza managed a smile, as she hadn't even said anything.

"The main character got cancer," Eliza explained.

"Well that sounds like a bummer thing to read," Blake muttered.

"I already read the end."

"And?"

"He dies from osteosarcoma," Eliza informed him.

"Well that's a bummer thing to write to, how does the author even spell it?"

Eliza snickered.

"Because the author isn't you, Blake," Eliza told him, her heart beating faster and faster. 

...

(A/N) Right, that's that – this chapter kind of sucks, we wrote this when we were like...eleven, and now we're older and more mature and...yeah that's a huge lie but whatever. Anyway. , the third book is so much better then the first two, cause we wrote that more recently – anyway yeah I'm ranting, bye. 

[Written: December, 2020

Edited: December 3rd, 2021

Published: February, 2022]