The Invitation

A/N

I have to add an extra character so that Y/N can actually fight someone. I did debate whether or not I could make Y/N fight like Clouse or something but it seemed unfair to me, so I didn't go ahead with it. Then again, it seems like something Chen would do. Anyway, any ideas for like their element or name?

________________________________________________________________________________

How did I get myself into this? Here I was, in a green and silver coloured hoodie, standing on a dock in the middle of the night. All because some guy who makes noodles told me I would find an old friend here.

Strangely, I felt at home. Supposedly, everybody there had elemental powers, like me. Actually, I didn't even know that that was what they were called before the note told me.

"Ah, I told you we shouldn't have worn these!" A loud voice called out from just behind me. I turned my head to see the Ninja. What could they possibly be here for? "The Tournament of Elements... You think all of them have powers like us?"

He looked around and fixed his eyes on me, "Some of them look... Well, they look normal."

"When I asked my dad about it, he got really suspicious," The Green Ninja, Lloyd, began, "Like he's keeping something from me."

I sighed and walked closer to the ferry. Whatever the Ninja were doing here shouldn't concern me. I'm only here to get someone back. Though, the Ninja were loud enough to hear from a mile away.

"Master Chen will be charmed to see you've accepted his offer," A man in a dark red suit grinned, "A Master of Spinjitzu shall fare favourably in his Tournament."

"Hey! We're not here to fight. We're here to save a friend," The blue one shouted. 

"Well, aren't you special?" I mumbled, before boarding the ship.

I walked around for a moment. I tried to take in everything going on. A couple of people seemed to be seasick or cold, whilst others were just complaining to themselves quietly. 

I noticed the Ninja finally getting onboard. Took them long enough. 

Lloyd was the last Ninja to get onboard. From what I could hear, his dad was telling him that Chen wasn't trustworthy and all that, before jumping on board.

Almost everyone was testing their powers. I tried to memorise each one's abilities, since I was aware that I'd have to fight at least one of them. 

I overheard Garmadon discussing people's elemental powers.  

"For instance, that Paleman. A distant relative to the Master of Light," He explained, "Watch closely and you'll see how he's stayed hidden all these years."

The Paleman disappeared, absorbing himself into the light. Suddenly, a blur rushed past my face.

"Then, there's Griffin Turner. Grandson to the Master of Speed."

"Hey, you can't lay a hand on me. I'm faster than fast. Swifter than swift," Griffin blurted out.

"Uh, Master of Speed?" Jay, The Blue Ninja, mocked, "Pfft! That's not an element!"

"So asks the Master of Lightning," Garmadon smiled.

The Black Ninja snorted, "Oh, snap! He's got you there!"

I noticed the Red Ninja staring moon-eyed at some girl. Heterosexuals, man. I'll never understand them.

"And, uh, who's she?" He asked, still staring at the girl.

"I don't know," Garmadon admitted, "Most of these people I have not seen. But, they will all be gunning for you."

The Ninja looked around, fixing their eyes on certain people.

"Don't let the popularity get to your head," I mumbled, perhaps too loudly.

"What does tha--" The green one began.

Garmadon sighed and continued, "You are Ninja. You serve with honour. Here, that means very little."

These Ninja definitely had an advantage over the rest of us. They had fought countless villains, way stronger than the all of us.

"Well, maybe honour means something to me," The Fire Ninja interrupted my thoughts, glaring over at a man, with giant metal hands, harassing that girl from earlier. Quickly, he strutted over toward them.

"Hasn't even spoke to the girl and he's already fighting for her," I sighed quietly.

"It's okay. I can handle this myself," She whisper-shouted at the hothead.

"This none of his business. Karloff cold. Karloff just want her cloak," Karloff stated.

"You look like you got big enough mittens," The Red Ninja teased, "Why not leave the gal alone?"

"These not mittens. These crush Ninja," Karloff proudly exclaimed.

"Ha, I'd like to see you try."

For about a minute, they got into some odd argument. Nothing too interesting.

"We're here," Chen's sidekick began, "Welcome to Chen's island."

Finally, if she is here, I know I'll find her. No matter what it takes.