8

The two of you were the first to enter the classroom.

"See you after school." Taehyung whispered, making you turn to look at him as he made his way to his seat.

You smiled as you grabbed your books and prepared yourself for the class. As everyone had arrived, Mr Lee also entered the classroom.

He took a deep breath as he had a bundle of papers in front of him, not long after your father, the principal, came into the classroom.

"Today the principal is here to make a big announcement regarding the scholarship." Mr Lee said as everyone looked in surprise.

"I know there has been a lot of speculation about the scholarship.." The principal started as everyone was silent, paying attention to every word he was saying. "I'm here to confirm that it is true."

The whole class gasped, you couldn't believe it. If you get this scholarship, your dream of studying abroad is coming true.

"Also.." He continues. ".. this year we're generous and decided to give out a scholarship to not one.. but to two students."

You look behind you and locked eyes with Taehyung. "Maybe.. we can be together." You thought to yourself with hope as you smiled.

Hyunjin saw the two of you making eye contact and knew what you were thinking about. You turned back to face the teacher as you saw Hyunjin staring at you with a bitter expression.

"That's not gonna happen." He whispered as it was just loud enough for you to hear.

"Watch me." You mouthed back making him clench his fists.

——————

"Welcome to my place!" You smiled as you let Taehyung in. He looked around in awe. He didn't realize your house was actually this spacious.

"Nice place." He said as you let out a chuckle.

"Thanks, do you want something to drink?" You offered as you already made your way to the kitchen, making him follow you.

"Just water is fine." He said as he cleared his throat.

You noticed him being tense as you put your hands on his shoulders. "Hey.. just make yourself at home okay?" You reassured him as you felt him relax under your touch.

He nods as you hand him his glass of water.

The two of you made your way upstairs to your bedroom. You put your bag down and took out some books.

"Okay, so what do you need help with?" You asked as both you and Taehyung sat down on the carpeted floor.

"Everything." He said with a shrug as you looked at him in disbelief.

"E-everything?" You repeated.

"I want to get that scholarship and be with you." He said as he held your hand.

"I was thinking the same thing ever since they announced that two students of our year can get that opportunity." You blushed as it felt good that he was feeling the same way about this.

"Well then what are we waiting for? Let's get to work!" You said making Taehyung laugh. "I'm gonna make sure you're getting the scholarship."

- A couple of hours later -

"Can we take a break?" Taehyung whined as he looked up at the ceiling making you shake your head.

"Already?" You ask as he sat upright in surprise.