I sighed. "Okay. You're right."

He smiled. "At the very least, it will give you some closure"

I nodded. "Come on. Let's get this out the way."

I stepped forward and hissed as I stood on my hurt ankle. Carlos frowned.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

I nodded. "I'm fine. I just twisted my ankle when I was running."

I took another step and stumbled. Okay maybe I was more hurt than I was making out. Carlos sighed and turned his back to me.

"Piggy back?"he grinned at me.

I smiled. "How could I refuse?"

I jumped onto his back and he easily caught me and adjusted so that I was sat comfortably.

"Ready?" He asked.

I nodded before I realised he couldn't see me. "Yeah, let's go"

When we reached the house, I noticed Poppy was sat on the steps to the porch. When she saw us she smiled and stood up.

"I knew you'd come back. No matter what you think Eva, our parents never stopped loving you. Remember that okay?"

I nodded.

"Okay. Promise you won't run away this time?" She smiled.

I chuckled. "I promise."

Carlos put me down and wrapped his arm around my waist, probably to catch me if I stumbled.

She opened the door and stepped inside, followed closely by me and Carlos. As we walked through the warmly lit hallway of my childhood home, nostalgia hit me like a train. Tears gathered in my eyes as I recalled my past in the house and appreciated every corner of the home. Family pictures lined the walls and there was one that caught me off guard. It was a baby picture of me and underneath it, it read "Our youngest daughter, may you return to us in good health" I instantly felt terrible for the way I had thought about my parents and was now even more willing to hear them out.

"I never thought I would be back here" I muttered.

Carlos rubbed my back. "If any of this is too much for you, just let me know and we can take a break. Get some air."

I smiled with a small nod.

We reached the kitchen and that's when I saw her. My mother. My beautiful mom. She looked just as I remembered her. Her ginger hair flowing down her back as she moved around the kitchen. Her delicate features, her freckles, her small frame and her big blue eyes.

She turned to us when she sensed out presence and the glass she was drying slipped out of her hand and smashed on the floor. Her eyes were wide in shock and tears started to fall.

"Evangeline!" She cried, breaking from her shocked daze. "My baby!"

She stepped towards me and held my face in her hands. My tears were flowing freely as I looked at her. I couldn't believe I was finally home. I pulled her into a hug.

"Hey mom." I smiled through my tears.

"I can't believe you're really home! I never thought I'd see my precious girl ever again" She sobbed, hugging me tighter.

I pulled back, remembering that Carlos was awkwardly stood there watching us.

"Mom, I know he's your alpha but I want to officially introduce you to my mate, Carlos" I grinned at her.

She smiled, wiping away her tears with the back of her hand. Poppy passed her a box of tissues. "I couldn't think of a better man for my baby. I'm so happy for you dear"