The adrenaline that was once coursing through my veins had weared off and now I just felt the bone-wearing exhaustion return from my concerning lack of sleep. I didn't even bother fighting off the teacher's hard grip.

A moment after the teacher knocked on the all too familiar door, it was opened and we were shoved in. We were told to be seated and we did such as we waited for the principal to enter. A minute or so passed and I just whipped out my phone, about to
and I just whipped out my phone, about to message Izzy when I heard someone clear their throat.

I glanced up to see someone occupy the principal's seat but it was not Mr Rodriguez. Instead, it was Ms Taylor, a woman that I considered to be one of my own family as much as I used to her daughter. Though instead of the usual warm smile that greeted me when I often visited her house, Sam's mother had a stern expression on her face.

Her frown only deepened as her gaze met mine and the single kernel of hope I had desinger grated. Did she hate me too, for reason I was failing to comprehend? What had I done to deserve all of this?

Ms Taylor was one of the discipline masters in school and it was not uncommon to see her taking over matters such as these when the principal was busy. But something told me that I was the only one that was going to get in trouble, seeing how her gaze was boring into mine."Hazel summers, you are suspended from school for 3 days for starting a fight," She announced, confirming my suspicions. I opened my mouth to protest, knowing how unfair it was that her daughter was getting away with it and I wasn't, but a phone rang and cut me off.

Sam's mother picked it up and immediately began speaking, dismissing us with a wave of her hand. I clamped my mouth shut and stalked off to my locker, feeling like the whole world had turned against me as of now.

I made my way to a locker and watched with disinterest as Sam passed with her massive clique. Georgia hung back as Sam's group of friends headed before her as if she was a magnet that they were always attracted to. I opened my locker doing my best to ignore her unwanted presence.

"You've changed a lot Hazel," Georgia whispered almost mournfully and I let out a harsh laugh.I slammed my locker shut, feeling a rush of overwhelming emotions, and fixed my disbelieving stare onto her. "I've changed? Take a look in the mirror Georgia," I spat distastefully as I scanned the dress that clung to her skin and the makeup on her face.

She used to hate it when I called her Georgia because it was too girly of a name for her but looking at her now, she wasn't the same best friend I once had.

I shook my head before walking off, knowing fully that now, there was nothing I could do to repair our broken friendship.

Finding myself not wanting to go back to the house, my feet immediately directed me to my old job. I swung open the door to Alejandro's boxing club and was greeted by the devil himself."Where the hell have you been, Hazel?" He fumed as I walked up to my locker and placed my school bag inside. I could tell he was a bit upset that I hadn't come for my regular trainer sessions because according to him, ' I was the most spunky girl he knew and I could kick anyone's ass.'

"I had to go off the grid for a while, "I muttered, slightly annoyed too that I couldn't come back here in risk of the people I was living with finding out about this place.

"From who?" Came the question I was expecting as I tied my hair into a ponytail and turned around to face one of my best friends, who currently looked like he was mocking me with his amused expression. He knew that sometimes, and only sometimes, I used excuses to get out of work. But this time, I wasn't bluffing it.

"Chris fucking walter," I let out through clenched teeth and heard the familiar gasp of shock. This is exactly why I was hesitant on telling him because chris was extremely famous when it came to illegal boxing and street fighting.