Chapter 17: Sneaking In

[Long Chapter]

Dipper's POV

[Lake, Gravity Falls, Oregon] [2:18 PM]

We already arrived at the lake. It was a fifteen minute drive. We are currently walking to the dock. There was no one around the lake, no one. And it is too quiet here, too quiet.

"What are we doing here again?" Mabel asks as she looks at her reflection at the surface below the dock. "It's really creepy in here." She says.

"I heard that there was a sighting of a huge creature here, and the thing is- no one ever saw it's physical appearance, they only have seen it's shadow. Multiple boats have gone missing in this lake, and fishermen have been complaining. And there has been a report on unknown lights flashing on that island." I say as I point to the large piece of land at the middle of the lake." And we're here to investigate."

"Maybe Old Man McGucket is behind all of these. Remember that time when we found out that it was him that built that huge creature?" Mabel shrugs.

"Except- it isn't him now. McGucket is busy figuring out what's inside of that laptop right?" I reason, and it was really true. He has been busy a couple of days- finding out what's inside of that laptop, the secret it holds.

"Right,"

"Well, what are we waiting for then? Let's go." Wendy speaks up, complaining because of our endless explanations.

"There's a tiny problem though- We do not have a boat." I say. The thing is- it's a huge problem.

"Seriously Dipper?" Mabel gasps.

"Then what supposedly do you want me to do? Buy a boat?" I point out to the obvious.

"Wait, hold on guys." Pacifica speaks up. "I think I have a plan." She smirks.

"You're gonna sponsor us a boat?" Soos asks as I mentally face-palmed myself.

"Kinda," She nods. "My mom and dad is out for a business trip. We could sneak in my house and take the keys for our yacht." She says like it's not a big deal stealing the keys.

"Like a heist?" Wendy says excitedly.

"Yup."

"Awesome! I always wanted to be a part of these kind of operations." She smiles excitedly and looks at us with wide eyes, realizing it's not something you always wish for . "Not that I dreamed to be a robber." She smiles embarrassedly.

"Is that okay for you Pacifica?" I ask. It is a weird thing though,

"Of course it is! For the Mystery!" She smiles and shrugs.

"When will we start?" Soos asks, excitement present in his face.

"How about. . . now?" She smirks again.

"I love the way you think Pacifica," Mabel smiles and gives Pacifica a high-five.

Pacifica's POV

[Northwest Mansion, Gravity Falls, Oregon] [2:48 PM]

We got inside through the back-gate. No one seems to be guarding it though. "Okay guys, we gotta keep it down. Our maids calls the guards immediately if they suspect something unusual, even the smallest things there is to bother." I gave them the simplest rules they conduct in the mansion.

"Aren't they wondering where you are right now?" Mabel asks in a whispering voice.

"Not actually, I locked my room before I left the house. And if I lock the door, it means they shouldn't be bothering me." I shrug. "Okay, come on now." I say as I grab the keys from my pocket.

"You brought keys to your house?" Dipper asks, confused actually.

"Of course I do?" I answer which sounds like a question though.

I open the back door with my keys (I secretly have the keys of the room) and we all sneak in to my parents' room. "You guys wanna come in, or I should just go get it alone?" I ask them, "There is a fridge here you know, incase you guys are hungry." I smirk. I really am being mean, you know.

"Ooh, I wanna come!" Soos says as he cheers in a whispering way. The others chorus and join me entering the room. I close the door and lock it, incase someone gets in, which I doubt someone will. Mabel wanders into their closet, which there is no problem for me at all. And Soos wanders in front of the fridge.

"Mind if I take a look inside of it?" He asks me excitedly.

"Go ahead," I approve and head to my parents' drawer. "It must be here somewhere." I mutter to myself as I touch something cold and silver. "There it is!" I grab the keys and scream in joy and everyone looks at me.

A knock echoes from the door and we all huddle in a circle. "Hello? Is anyone there?" One of our maid says and knocks on the door again. "We are fully aware that Preston Northwest and his wife are out of town." She speaks again. "Open the door. The guards will be here any minute."

"Tell them to go away Pacifica," Mabel says, I can tell that she's afraid, and I am too.

"I can't, they'll found found I'm here and probably escort me back to the room." I retort.

A loud knock echoes again, this time it was more horrifying. "These are the guards and we demand you to open this door!" A deep voice says.

"Guys, the window!" Wendy points to the window.

"Great idea! Come on guys, we just have to tie all the blankets together, in that way-we can carefully go down." Dipper says as he starts to tie the blankets together. We all help him and tie all the blankets we could find in this room. We all finish it and carefully lay it down below the window.

"I'll go first." Wendy says, not hesitating to show a flash of fear in her face. Why does their room have to be on the fourth floor? Wendy carefully climbs down the blanket and safely arrive at the bottom. "Come on guys, it's safe!" She shouts in a whispering way.

"I'm next," Mabel says as she climbs down and reaches down below. Then Soos goes after her and Dipper.

"It's safe Pacifica, don't worry." Dipper says. I could here keys outside the door, they are gonna be in any moment.

"What if I fall?"

"You won't!" Dipper says,

"What if I do?" I say feeling uneasy about this.

"If you do, I'll catch you!" He says sincerely as my heart began to race.

I hesitantly climb down and I hear the door open a few seconds before I grab the blanket. "Well, that was close." I mutter to myself as I continue to climb down, but faster this time. cause they'll eventually find out where we escaped. I was already a few meters close to touching the ground, but the blanket immediately tore and my hand has nothing to hold on to. I squint my eyes, preparing for the amount of pain I am going to receive, but instead I fall into the arms of someone, Dipper.

"You really caught me," I say in disbelief as I stare at his eyes. "Thank you." I blush and he also did.

"I told you- I was gonna catch you." He smiles,

"Well, enough for that dudes, they already found us." Soos says interrupting the moment. "Let's go!"

"Right," I say as Dipper brings me down. We all proceed back to the gate we entered earlier.

I debate with myself whether to thank the blanket or be mad at it.

______________________________________________________

Hey Guys! Well I hope you had a great day.

Well, I hope you liked this chapter. Please COMMENT your thoughts below and don't forget to vote :)

Love you guys, thanks for the support and for the 17k reads :)

Here have a pizza 🍕

-Agent Trigger