Chapter 2: The Devil And The Fox Lady (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Lucifer looks down on the floor, avoiding her eyes for a moment, before sighing. "Where's the fun in it, if I am just going reveal all my cards here?" He says with a smile. "Unless you share your reason as to why you hid your fox form, or at least transform into a fox right here and right now, I might be willing to consider sharing my story." His smile slowly grows into a sly grin.

"You're still thinking about that matter? Why are you so hung up on my fox form?" Miko rolls her eyes. "And besides, won't it be more fun to keep the people guessing and curious?" Miko winks, using the same argument Lucifer used.

"And I simply don't understand of your fixation for my story. Have you perhaps been enraptured by my beauty?" Miko tease the Harbinger.

Lucifer smiles to that as he leans on the table to get closer to Miko. "And what if I say yes? What if my fixation of you is something more than simply being enraptured by your beauty?"

Miko smiles teasingly. "Let me guess, you fell for the great me after hearing the stories you've heard all around Inazuma? Even from the reports of your own subordinates?" Miko smiles playfully, which Lucifer responded with a silent smile.

"If that is the case, you should have been aware that I am not so easy to fool with." Miko added more with skepticism.

"Then what if I am not fooling you?"

"We've only met for an hour, Mr. Morningstar. I believe people are capable of falling in love at first sight, but you are not one of them."

"So you believe that people can fell in love at first sight. If so--then should I walk by again?" Lucifer flirts with a smirk.

Miko snorts. "Did you learn that pick up line from a book or something?" Miko snickers.

"It depends. Did it work?" Lucifer raised an eyebrow.

Hearing that response, Miko laughs. "That is terrible. Did you truly think that would work for a woman such as myself? You don't fit the role of a jokester at all, Mr. Morningstar." She says while calming her own laughter down. "Well, it was amusing to me at the very least, I'll give you that." Miko admits.

"But do tell me this. Would you trust the words of your enemy on the first day you've met them? Or ever at all?" Miko asked with her usual smile.

Lucifer chuckles to that. "I suppose that is a fair argument." Lucifer says with a genuine smile on his face.

Miko smirks winningly, but his words still lingers in her thought. So that's it? He was in love with her? Then is she wrong about him being unpredictable? Could his unpredictable actions caused by his fixation for her? Or is there something more than just that?

Miko sighed. "You showed up in front of my doorstep and wished to ask me questions about the disappearance of your colleague. I thought I should cooperate with you, since I am not related to The Balladeer's disappearance and I thought it would be interesting to trouble myself with." Miko says, her face reserved, but annoyance was bubbling up from within her. "Yet here you are, flirting with the Guuji of the Grand Narukami Shrine herself. How bold..." Miko compliments his boldness.

"...and foolish of you." Miko's eyes turns cold as she gazed into his beautiful blue eyes.

Not that Miko can easily trust the words of a man she could not predict. Even if she met this man for a year long, it would still be hard for her to believe everything he said.

"Is it not more exciting to engage an unprofessional relationship with your enemy?" Lucifer asked as he put the notes back into his vest pocket, seeing as he no longer needs it.

"It's true that it would make a somewhat amusing story for a light novel," Miko agrees with Lucifer's argument. "But even I know that the idea is far worth more trouble than it is exciting." Miko added more to Lucifer's disappointment.