chapter forty-five

After the incident with Luffy, Nami had rushed upstairs to the deck, where she had run into a familiar head of blue hair. Kaito's strangely dull eyes stared up at her, and asked what happened. She shook her head at him, trying to wipe the tears from her face, attempting to stifle her sobs.

"Just— Luffy," she managed between hiccups. He nodded, muttering apologies and comforting sentiments, and had gently guided her to the Aquarium Bar. However, the moment they had stepped through the door an unknown man came up behind her and covered her mouth, stifling her scream. Something sharp pressed against her neck, and Nami froze. She had been in situations just like this before, and she felt stupid for not seeing the potential trap she was wandering into.

"You're coming with us, pretty thing," the man grumbled in her ear. Nami, who had never been one to submit to gross, unruly men, grunted as she kicked her foot into the man's knee. As he cried out, the sharp tool left her throat and she scrambled away from her two attackers. Kaito rolled his eyes and lurched for her, tackling her to the floor. Nami, who had landed on her back with Kaito on top of her, kicked him in the stomach and rolled onto her front, attempting to crawl away. However, she hadn't noticed that the other man had grabbed the last full bottle of Nami's expensive wine and stood over her.

The last thing she saw before the bottle crashed against the back of her skull, sending her into a sea of darkness, was Kaito's smiling face.

~  ~  •  ~  ~

It had been a number of hours since Nami's kidnapping, and she had woken up to the muffled sound of men's voices surrounding her. She recognized the empty, dark, damp storage room of the Lost Maria from the day that she had rescued Luffy. It's familiar sight made her sick. Her wrists had been cuffed in cold metal to the wall above her, her ankles bound together with dirty ropes, and her mouth gagged with the fabric that had been torn from the hem of her skirt.

Fuck. Bad day to wear a skirt, Nami thought bitterly.

A dull sting in the back of her head reminded her of the unfortunate moment that she had been subdued. Tilting her head, she attempted to examine her body for any abrasions she may have gotten while unconscious. Bruises on her thighs stood out in the dim light from the candle burning on the wall across from her. She shivered. She didn't feel sore in her lower half, which she was grateful for, but her chest seemed to be tender when she twisted her body to get comfortable.

She practically jumped when the door opened, but the anxiety in her stomach worsened when an old-looking man with one blind eye stepped down the stairs toward her, followed by two gross-looking muscular men.

"Ah! Our guest is awake!" The first man's voice was hoarse and gravelly, and judging by his rather fancy cape, Nami assumed that he was Captain Bluejam. He smiled (rather creepily) at her, and Nami noted the many missing teeth from his mouth. He looked her up and down, before crouching in front of her and pulling the gag from her mouth. It took every ounce of her self control not to spit at him.

"Bluejam," she croaked, throat sore. He smiled again.

"Hello, pretty little Cat Burglar Nami," he replied, gently caressing her face. "Your captain has caused us a lot of trouble recently! I'm sure you're probably wondering why I've brought you here..." Nami blinked at him, and he continued, "Because Luffy seems to like you so much, and you're a valuable member of his crew, and because he likes to play hero! So by stealing you, you, in turn, will lure him to me!" He eyed her again, though now he had chosen to stroke her exposed collarbone, pulling her fallen bikini-top strap up onto her shoulder, before giving her a salacious look.

Nami knew how to play this game. She had been playing it since she had reached puberty, when she had suddenly sprouted the body of a woman and Arlong had begun making certain... comments to her. When she would make deals with other pirates, she would flirt and play coy and lean forward in rather exposing clothes. When they would capture her, she knew exactly what to say and exactly when to arch her back.

So when Bluejam placed a calloused hand on her exposed thigh, Nami swallowed the disgust and nausea rolling in her stomach and smiled a seductive smile.

"You're quite beautiful," Bluejam murmured into her hair, as he kissed her neck. Nami felt her pulse quicken in fear, though she smiled and winked at the two guards standing near by, who chuckled at her.

At this point, he was practically straddling her, and Nami could smell the rum on his breath. As he slid his hand up her ribcage, and groped her breast, Nami grabbed the chains that were attached to her handcuffs, braced herself, and pulled herself upwards, kneeing him in the groin.

Bluejam cried out in pain, rolling off of her onto the floor, grasping at his nether regions. When he had regained his composure, he stood over her, glaring daggers into her eyes, and then slapped the smirk off of her face.

"You bitch!" he snarled, before ordering the others out of the room, following behind them. He stood in the doorway and glared at her before exiting the room, leaving her alone in the dark.

Nami stared at the wall ahead of her. That wasn't the smartest idea, but the idea of that disgusting man going any further with her, made the nausea she felt too strong to contain. She would defend herself no matter how many times he would attempt to assault her.

She wondered what Luffy was up to, if he had noticed the fact that she was missing, and if her crew mates would put it together that Kaito was working for Bluejam. She wondered if they even cared that she had been kidnapped, or if they would simply leave her there. Nami shuddered at the idea of being left to rot there, in that cold, damp room, only of any use when one of the Lost Maria's crew men got horny or needed to take out any pent-up anger.

Despite her worry, she knew deep down that Luffy was already looking for her, just like he had from Arlong. Even if he didn't love her, the way that she knew she loved him, he would still be devastated that one of his closest friends had been stolen from him. He would be angry, surely, as Luffy didn't much care for pirates that didn't play nice, pirates that liked to hurt people, and so Nami hoped that eventually he would at least save her for that reason.

At least she would be left alive, as dead bait wouldn't be useful. But that didn't change the terror she felt in her entire body. They were evil men, and they were going to hurt her, if Luffy didn't find her quick enough.

After some time had passed since their rather tense interaction, Bluejam had returned (with the same goons), and he had brought some rather intimidating objects, brandishing sharp blades and branding pokes. Nami paled as he stepped closer to her.

"I see what that brat likes about you, you're a feisty one. It's almost too bad that I have to break you."