Complexity

Scarlett POV

"So...are we going to talk about it?" Lizzie asks and I turn my attention over to my friend that broke me out of my relaxed state. I love getting my nails done, especially the pedicure because they massage my feet and it feels so nice.

"About what?" I ask coyly.

"You know what." She teases back with a narrowed gaze.

"Fine, yes the shit in the media isn't great...I just don't want to stress Y/N out. We just barely got on the same page." I explain but quickly realize that's not what she was talking about by that look on her face. "Wait...what are you talking about?" I ask. We are interrupted by the ladies taking care of us letting us know we can move to the chairs while our toes dry.

"Oh you know...that you love Y/N." She drops and my chest tightens.

"Uh what? No. Are you crazy?" I ask and avoid her gaze.

"Oh come on. I see the way you look at her when she interacts with Rose. You got it bad." She calls me out and I sigh.

"She just...she's great with Rose. And she's really sweet." I pause as I think about her. I can't help the smile that grows on my face. "When she touches me, I calm down. I trust her and she brings me so much comfort. I feel so safe with her." I continue and sigh in content.

"Yeah?" Lizzie asks and I nod softly.

"And she is so romantic and patient. I can tell she genuinely cares about us and wants to be there. And she's hot." I conclude earning a laugh from my friend.

"She is very attractive. I will agree with you on that." Lizzie responds nonchalantly. I narrow my eyes at her and she rolls her eyes when she notices my gaze. "Oh calm down, I'm literally getting married." She reminds me and I smile.

"I'm so happy for you...when is the wedding?" I ask, not recalling any news on it.

"We are thinking about this summer. So it's warm and maybe we can have a small private beach wedding." She ponders aloud.

"That sounds nice." I reply easily.

"Will you be a part of it?" She asks and I beam.

"If you want me to be of course." I confirm and she wiggles a little in her seat in excitement. The rest of our afternoon is calm and really nice. I'm actually kind of glad we got kicked out. The stress about my divorce is taking a toll on me and I didn't really realize it until now. My mind wanders to what Lizzie said earlier about loving Y/N. I mean, she's crazy. How could I love someone I barely started dating? I guess the feelings have been there for a while though. It's still too early and it's hurting my brain to think about.

When we get back to my house, it's quiet. Weird, I thought a dance party was happening. We find Y/N on the couch watching Schitt's Creek all by herself. "Welcome home." She greets and gets up to hug Lizzie and kisses me quickly.

"Where is Rose?" I ask. It's not even her bed time.

"She fell asleep after our dance party. I thought she would get up to eat but she hasn't yet." She explains and I smile.

"You could have told us so you didn't have to chill all alone." Lizzie states and sits down on the couch when she sees that we aren't moving away from each other. I bite my lip when Y/N runs her hand down my arm softly before taking my hand in hers. She lifts my hand to her face and smiles at the color on my nails.

"Very nice." She whispers and kisses the back of my hand as her other slides onto my hip. She guides my arm around her neck and pulls me into a hug, squeezes for a few seconds before letting me go. Jesus, it was just a simple hug but my stomach won't stop flipping. I grasp at her shirt before she gets too far away and lean up to give her a slightly longer kiss in greeting.