Americano

Scarlett POV

What am I doing? I mean...seriously? I'm married and I ask my friend to kiss me. For what reason? She's so confusing to me and she has been from the very start. When I found her shop a few months ago, I fell in love with the atmosphere and the coffee. Then I started getting cool napkins with poems and doodles on them that I didn't have the heart to throw away.

Now months later, I'm the cute barista's friend, that my daughter loves, asking her to kiss me. How the fuck did that happen? I don't even know why I asked her to. I mean, I was afraid that I was going to lose her because of how badly I've been treating her but that just came out of nowhere. And the worst part is...I liked it.

I can't like it and I shouldn't. I'm married to a very nice man that makes me laugh and takes care of me and Rose. I can't leave him. It wouldn't be good for Rose. She already had to go through the mess with her dad and I. I don't want to put her through anymore trauma. I've already been divorced twice...I thought the third time was the charm.

It is! I mean it is. Because I'm not leaving him. I can't. God I'm a mess. To make it worse I haven't heard from her. Which is understandable since she told me to figure my shit out...which I haven't done because I don't even know what my shit is. I need help. I take out my phone and dial Lizzie...she'll know what to do.

Lizzie: Hi Scarrrr

Scar: Hi uh...I need help.

Lizzie: Does this have to do with your lover girl?

Scar: Uh what?

Lizzie: Y/N...does it have anything to do with Y/N

Scar: Wait how did you know...

Lizzie: I just left lunch with her.

Scar: Oh.

Lizzie: Yeah so is she a good kisser?

Scar: Lizzie! She told you?

Lizzie: Of course she did, we're besties.

Scar: But you're my friend.

Lizzie: I can have more than one friend. Anyway, how you feeling?

Scar: Like shit.

Lizzie: Understandable. How can I help?

Scar: Um...what did she say?

Lizzie: About what?

Scar: You know what.

Lizzie: I suddenly forgot what we are talking about.

Scar: I hate you.

Lizzie: Scar...why did you ask her to kiss you?

Scar: I don't know! I was scared.

Lizzie: Of what?

Scar: Losing her.

Lizzie: You didn't want to lose her as a friend...so you kissed her?

Scar:...uh yeah?

Lizzie: You're an idiot.

Scar: This isn't helping.

Lizzie: I can't help if you can't be honest with yourself. Now...did you enjoy it?

Scar: Um...it was nice.

Lizzie: Jeez that bad?

Scar: What no! It was great I just...shouldn't feel that way.