Chapter 8: Blessing

Start from the beginning

When they ride up to the chief's lodge, Taehyung stops Achlys and looks at Seojoon again. Seojoon nods and rides up next to Taehyung. Taehyung and Seojoon dismount together then walk in together. Minho and Yeajin dismount and follow behind.

Once they are inside the lodge, all of the Sky archers are lined up with their swordsmen protectively standing behind them. A lump forms in Taehyung's throat because he feels the emptiness left vacant by Jungkook's absence.

"Taehyung, welcome to the clan of Ildris. We would normally do this ceremony with your swordsman by your side, but under the circumstances, we will have to do this without your swordsman." The elder explains as she takes the bowl of blood from the chief.

"What ceremony?" Taehyung asks as he watches her dip her fingers into the blood.

"Anointing you as a Sky archer." She softly tells Taehyung.

"I apologize, but I cannot accept this. I am not trained enough to accept this honor." Taehyung apologizes as he politely bows.

Seojoon, Minho, and Yeajin smile at him with so much pride. Captain, you would be so proud of Taehyung.

"Once you are anointed as a Sky archer, you will be trained by them. Do not worry about the level of skill you are currently at." The elder smiles at the sweet boy.

"Thank you for this honor, but I already have a trainer." Taehyung explains and motions towards Yeajin.

"This ceremony will anoint all four of you. Yeajin will also join the rank of the Sky archers and the two swordsmen will join the ranks of Sea Demons. You will all train together." The elder explains as she admires the determination of the boy in front of her.

Taehyung looks at the other three for their thoughts, and they all nod encouragingly to him. So, he bows and lowers to his knees to accept the anointing while taking off his shirt. As the four are anointed, the elder and the leaders of the clan's chant hums through the air and reverberates against the walls.

As the blood is trailed from Taehyung's forehead, down his chin, and to his belly, he closes his eyes and sees Iseult bowing next to him. When Taehyung's eyes flash open, they flash a lightning blue and a gust of wind slams open the door and gushes into the room. The elder gasps in shock as she stares into Illya's shining blue eyes. The elder and the clan leaders instantly bow to the ground as those blue eyes examine them.

"I will protect this clan because only the blood of the innocent remains." Illya mutters as he observes the heads of the families.

When Illya stands up, he walks past each family leader and touches the tops of their heads. As he touches them, he mutters a blessing and his eyes flash. By the time each blessing is finished, a blue star glows on their foreheads. 

After blessing the leaders, Illya turns to the three staring at him in awe. He slowly walks towards them then mutters a different blessing. As he blesses them, a red star burns over their hearts. Once he has finished, he walks back to where Taehyung was bowing and kneels into the same position then bows his head. 

❄️      🌊      ❄️      🌊     ❄️      🌊      ❄️      🌊      ❄️      🌊      ❄️      🌊      ❄️      🌊      ❄️      🌊      ❄️      🌊      

"Illya!" Iseult gasps as his eyes flash red and the wind of a hurricane swirls around him.

❄️      🌊      ❄️      🌊      ❄️      🌊      ❄️      🌊      ❄️      🌊     ❄️      🌊      ❄️      🌊      ❄️      🌊      ❄️      🌊