CHAPTER 12 | Witch? Oh Honey, Look At Me. I Am One.

Start from the beginning

"Wow, he sounds like a dick."

"Meow!"

I laughed while having this conversation with Fiercey. After my laughter, she tried pushing me with her forehead. Not like a hard push, but more like a "getting your attention" push. I looked at her and she laid her head down beside me.

I sighed, "Alright." I started patting her head and caressing it. "You like that big guy?"

"Meow."

I continued to caress her head. I leaned onto her again to get comfortable. The sound of the surroundings created by nature were like lullabies. As I continued to caress Fiercey's head, I fell asleep.

The sound of beeping once again echoed in my mind. It felt like I was back at the bed I slept on at the hospital I was confined at. But one thing was different; there were two beeping sounds inside the room.

Is there another patient with me in the room? I thought. The room was silent. I couldn't feel or hear mom nor Fiercey. Where are they? What's going on? Where's mom?

Everything suddenly went silent for a moment. A high-pitched ringing rang through my ears. Then it stopped.

My mind awoken as light shone through my closed eyes. I opened them and saw sunlight. The sun was already up and so was everyone else. I noticed that Fiercey stayed in the same position even though she was already awake. I thought maybe so that I could continue to sleep comfortably.

I sat up and she noticed that I did. She stood up and stretched her body and continued to walk around. I yawned and washed my face in the river. I stood up and stretched also.

I turned to see Brandon and Grandma talking to each other. I looked around to see that mother was gone. Suddenly, a spark of joy went through my body. I didn't want to spend the rest of my journey here arguing and being angry with her.

Things were better off this way.

I went up to Grandma and Brandon to butt in their conversation. "So, what are we going to do today?"

"Well, I guess we should head back now." Grandma answered.

"Already?? Isn't there anything else we should do here on this path to like, you know, upgrade us or something?" I asked.

"So, you do believe this is starting to become like a videogame." Brandon joked.

Just ignore him. I thought.

"Ignoring me? Well, that's rude."

I turned to him and smiled. I gave him a wink, "happy now?"

"Sure am, that a pretty wink."

"Are you two done getting on each other?" Grandma butted in.

"Yeah, I think we are." I rolled my eyes at him and paid my attention back to Grandma.

"So going back," Grandma continued. "I think your Ellie is just the "quest" we're supposed to find here. And now that we did, I think we should go back now and be on our way to your other self."

"Well, you do have a point. So, I guess let's get moving??"

"Let's go!"

Not long after, Brandon and I were already riding on Fiercey's back as she follows Grandma above us. We were moving at a normal fast pace since we didn't really have to hurry.

The sun was rising up, and we began to feel to the heat of it as we travelled. I looked up at Grandma to see her sort of distracted by something. She seemed to be looking at something ahead of us.

"Hey Grandma! What's up!?" I yelled at her.

"I see smoke on the left side up ahead! There's seems to be something going on the-"

THOING!

Fiercey suddenly tipped and fell of her back. We were rolling and rolling on the ground, with rocks crashing against our bodies.

"Ellio-!" Before Grandma could finish, something had shot her down and she went crashing down away from us.

I kept panting. My head and vision were spinning as pain throbbed throughout my body. I saw a figure walking towards me but I couldn't figure out who it was. Suddenly, something pulled me by the hair and started dragging me.

I was on my back while getting dragged by a person. I saw Brandon getting up and running towards me, seemed to be shouting something but it was inaudible to me.

He suddenly draws out his sword while running and leaped towards us. I got roughly pulled to the opposite side of where Brandon came from and I heard a loud clinking of metal. I looked up to see a big, green, large snout figure raising its own sword up to stop Brandon's.

"Take her!" The figure ordered.

Moments after, I was being dragged by two other people in armor with swords dangling on their side. I looked in front of me to seen the figure - which now more clearly resembled a snake – fighting Brandon head on.

Their swords clinking loudly on each swing. I shook my head to get myself back in the game. The sounds suddenly went back to normal and my vision wasn't blurry anymore. Brandon was literally fighting a snake wielding to swords.

"Yurian."

As I said the name, I stomped my legs on the ground and got up. I kicked one of the soldiers grabbing me and took his sword, stabbing it to the other holding me. The soldier I kicked tried to get back to me but I swung my sword at his neck, slicing his throat.

After I handled those two, I turned to see soldiers trying to tie down Fiercey. I charged towards them. I stabbed one soldier from the back, releasing the rope he's holding down giving Fiercey an opening.

Fiercey moved vigorously, shaking the other soldiers down and knocking them out. Not long after, they were all down and Fiercey was released. I went to Fiercey and patted her. More soldiers came charging at us and we readied ourselves.

Fiercey charged at them head on and knocked some out. I swung my sword to whoever got close to me and get the chance to stab them. Fiercey mostly took out many while I focused more on taking out one by one. After a couple more swings and bams, we took out most of the soldiers giving us more time and opening.

I looked at Brandon who was still fighting Yurian head on. "Fiercey! We need to get Brandon and go now!" I jumped on Fiercey's back and she ran towards Brandon and Yurian.

Brandon saw us coming and tried to lure Yurian to a spot. I raised my sword and readied it. As soon as we got close, Brandon jumped out of the way. Fiercey rammed Yurian to a tree and I stabbed him with the sword. The sword struck deep into Yurian and into the tree.

He hissed in pain as he got stuck on the tree, moving so helplessly. Brandon jumped on Fiercey's back with me and we started moving. I lead Fiercey to the spot where I saw Grandma crashed unto and there, we found her holding out on her own. Fiercey charged through the barricade of men and they went flying.

Brandon sliced the ropes that were holding down Grandma. She quickly spread her wings and flapped it; getting her off the ground immediately. She quickly got up high in the air and started flying away. Fiercey quickly ran and followed her.

We went through the woods so that we'd lose the men behind us and not long after, we did.

"Man, those guys just keep coming back like pests." Brandon sighed.

"Well, they are pests." I replied.

Brandon chuckled for a bit but I felt as if there were pain in his chuckle. I didn't speak for the next few minutes. Later on, we got out of the woods and got back on the path we were on. We ran faster than the pace we had earlier before our encounter.

Fiercey suddenly stopped running. Her feet skidded on the ground.

"Why did you stop?" I asked. I looked up to see Grandma stopping too. "Grandma, why did we stop!?" I asked once more.

"The path... it stopped."