THE MESSAGE

~New~

I looked around the house as i placed the bag on the floor. This house screamed wealth. If they had this place, why were they living in that crammed apartment on the southern street? 🙄

The house was right on the beach, with mainly three floors and huge panelled glass walls overlooking the sea

On the outer side, the house needed attention. There was a pool but it was dry. The house was surrounded by an unkempt garden. The inside was markedly different. It seemed like a lot of effort and care had been taken to tidy up. The house itself was beautiful, with almost all the bedrooms facing the sea. I wished I could have something like this in the city. Though my house was probably a 100 times more luxurious than this, but I had to acknowledge that the beach and the sea view had its own charm.

"Hi!!"

I turned around and saw Tay walking towards me, wearing just a pair of shorts and a towel hanging around his neck. Sweat glistened on his bare chest and neck. But my eyes focused on the huge white bandage on his shoulder. It was there thanks to me😔.

"Hi!" I mumbled feeling suddenly sweaty myself, remembering the shooting incident yesterday. I looked away. I was somehow indebted to this man now, for saving my life.

"Your room is upstairs, it's the second room from the left." He said pointing up the spiral stairway.

"Hmm.....Jeff informed me already."

He looked behind me and then frowned, "Where are your brothers?"

"Game is already resting in his room. His head was hurting a bit. Win went to take a look outside. He has already placed his luggage in his room."

"Hmm......alright."

We both stared at each other in an awkward silence. I picked up my bag again and walked towards the stairs.

"I will go up then....." I muttered more to myself than him.

"Are you hungry? I am going to make some pasta....for myself....so.....if you.....are...." He hesitated.

"Hmm....that would be good. Thanks." I nodded as I slowly walked up while Tay sauntered towards the kitchen.

I kept wondering if I should say something. Was he okay? Was he in pain? He didn't even stay at the hospital. I finally decided that it wouldn't do any good if I hesitated for everything. I was Hin Thitipoom, and Win was right, I hadn't acted like Hin...the real me, for a while now.

"Hmmm.....are you.... " I paused as I realised that Tay had already disappeared into the kitchen.

I sighed. Why was it so difficult to talk to him or thank him? I should have done that already.

"You were saying something?"

I turned around again as I heard his voice. He was staring up at me. He had an apron tied around his bare chest and a spatula in his hand. I couldn't help but admire what I saw. Wow! The man could look handsome even in a kitchen apron.