Our drive back is very silent, uncomfortable even. I have no clue what is this about, but my mom doesn't get angry at me too often. She only did when I came back a few times after my curfew and drunk, but it was rare, so I'm not too used to her like this.

She slams the door when we enter the house, making me flinch slightly. I look at her with widen eyes, but she says nothing and just go upstairs to the living room. I follow quietly to her, trying not to make a sound and make her even angrier or something. I have no idea how to react when I have absolutely zero idea why she's mad at me.

"You have one chance to tell me the truth" She says weirdly calm and turns around, glaring at me. I stop instantly and put my hands behind my back, pressing my nails into my palms anxiously.

"What truth? I really don't understand, mom" I respond truthfully confused.

"Bullshit" She mumbles furiously and rolls her eyes at me, crossing her arms over her chest. "When were you gonna tell me that you're dating my co-star?" She hissed loudly, the words leave her mouth with pure anger.

"W-What?" I stutter out, my heart rate picks up suddenly. My mouth goes dry as I try to find words. "I d-d, I don't kn-"

"Isabelle, don't even try to lie to me! I saw two of you kissing on the set! What the fuck, Bella?" She shouts at me as I blink rapidly, fighting with tears. I look down in guilt, pressing my fingernails harder into my skin.

"It's... It-It's not" I start, but I can't complete my sentence.

"It's not what? Hm? It's not like it looked? That's funny" She scoffs sarcastically. I feel tears filling my eyes in fast pace. I never thought she's gonna be so angry at me for this. I knew she'd be, but that much?

"Mom, I was going to tell you..." I whisper, wiping my cheeks that are in tears already.

"Yeah, when?" She mocks and I shrink in my spot.

"M-Monday" I say with a sniff. "We were planing to make a dinner for you and tell you about us" I respond in whisper, looking the whole time on my feet, so I miss mom's eyes softer a bit because of my confession.

"Us? So what, you're together?" She asks and I look up finally when I hear a little change of tone in her voice. She unfolds her arms and massages her temples with a tired sigh.

"I-I, yeah..." I trail off hesitantly, but when she raises her eyebrow unimpressed and I clear my throat. "We're together" I repeat, more confidently this time.

"Since when?"

"About a month" I tell her and her face falls, mouth turns into a pout when her eyes sadden at my words. I have no idea how the guilt just didn't kill me because I feel so shitty right now.

"You were talking about her in the restaurant, of course" She breathes out under her breath, biting the inside of her tongue as she looks up for a brief moment. "How did that happened?"

"I don't know" I comment quietly. "We just started hanging out before Comic-Con and then we kinda kiss and-"

"Y-You kissed? When?" She questions and I see on her face that she tries to understand me, but on the other hand, she feels very worried of me. "I swear to god if she kissed you as a minor, then I-"

"No! No, mom!" I cut in, not wanting to hear the rest of the sentence. "It happened on my birthday, so I wad already eighteen... Don't try to find a reason to hate her, she's good to me and she-"

"God, stop, I don't need to hear more" Mom stops me from talking more with a raised hand. I smile softly at her because she's coming back from her rage form. "Are you- Are you happy?"

"I am" I reply without any hesitation. If I'm sure about one thing, it's being happy with Florence. "She's perfect" I sigh happily and mom narrows her eyes at me.

"Okay, I need to think some more about this whole situation, but I'm really disappointed with you right now" Mom tells me and I nod sadly in understanding. Honestly, I'm disappointed with myself too. I shouldn't lie so long. "Don't think we won't talk about it more later. You, young lady, have a lot to explain and I have to prepare for a talk with Florence" She says as she starts going upstairs, leaving me standing in the living room like an idiot.

"Fuck me" I groan out when she disappears on the stairs and I throw myself at the couch, hiding my head onto the pillow.

I just lay there for some time, thinking how the fuck I'm supposed to tell Flo about this. Our whole plan just went to hell.

Great.

Edited: October 24, 2022