Chapter46: A shoulder to lean on

Walking through the hallway, wanting to get out of the stadium as fast as I could. Thankful the hallways are almost empty.
Giving me the chance to just breathe, control the storm of emotions that are raging inside of me, not pushing them down anymore.

Hating myself for being so foolish to believe that David could keep anything personal and secretive about me to himself, that I could trust him with them. The way he used my virginity against me.
As if it's the one weakness that Android could have used that knowledge about our past relationship to take me down on the field in any way. What a stupid, rude, ridiculous and so sexist excuse!!

I've never been this angry towards anyone before, besides Johnny, this was a completely new level of anger. Angry for what everything that has happened and has been said between the two of us, angry for how everything just fell apart.

This anger was on a level where my mind and senses were nearly blocked off and I didn't notice that a person was speaking to me, "Excuse me, are you Jennifer Hawkins?"

"Um, yes, that's me." I quickly cleared my mind and eyes just enough to look the person in the face. A lady who might be at least fifty seven or fifty eight years old.
Almost sliver hair, her body once fit for sports, but over time it slightly gain some weight, yet it still looks fit. "Can I help you?"

"I'm Liza Adriano, Head Coach of Golden Angels soccer team." She introduce herself with pride and huge confidence for the title that I'm sure she gained on her own. Even her body language told me that she's a woman who has worked her way to the top with humble and passion, but will not back down to anyone who thinks that they can challenge her to anything.

Shaking her hand almost too nervously and maybe too much when hearing who she was, my mind almost became like a blank page in that moment, "It's an honour to meet you, Ms Adriano."

"What was really an honour was watching your team win today." She compliment the Knights' win, causing some words from a certain Captain bounce back inside of my head. Which left a bitter taste inside of my mouth that I had to swallow down forcefully as she continued, "You and your team played brilliantly, despite the injury on one of the players including you. How's your head?"

Almost forcing my smile, masking that Jimmy's injury doesn't bother me much or the motives behind it, "My head is all good, thank you for asking. No serious damages."

Nodding her head, staring at me with this look of such awe and amazement, "You are quite a talent on the field, from beginning till the last minute of second half. During last weekend and during this week, so far I've only been able to hear great things about you and after today, I can truly see why. Although I believe that if you had been on the field from the beginning, than the game would have been even more entertaining, more drama would have kept us all on our toes."

This sounds good, it's great. Golden Angels have heard about me and today they've seen how good I can play. This might go way better than I've thought.

As these thoughts echoed through my mind, I kept my excitement go too much to my head, even though it felt so good to hear them. "Thank you Ms Adriano, I try my best."

"And it can be seen." Ms Adriano agreed, as the seconds are counted down in this conversation, the more I felt like this bad day was gonna start turning over in this moment. "You have excellent skills, your think and play like a player who's part of the National Female Soccer Team who plays for our country.
There's not a doubt in my mind that you won't join their squad anytime in the future, maybe even now when they send their scouters during their break. You may even settle nicely in our team."

That has to be the biggest and most incredible compliment that I could ever receive from someone like Ms Adriano who's the freaking Head Coach of the greatest Female soccer team that Los Angeles ever had.
The Golden Angels are seen as this top team from the Premier League, if you can make it to this team, then you can make it anywhere, even US Soccer WNT.