brooke.

"We met when we were younger, I guess."

Asteria was sitting on the benches while her aunt got her a wrist band and was talking to her cousin, which she knew about.

"I didn't know we were the same age, actually." Asteria said to Brooke, her cousin. "I thought you were younger."

"So did I!" Brooke laughed. "You do know you'll be meeting maybe 5 cousins today? All 14-19?"

"Is that all of them?" Asteria asked with her eyebrow raised.

Brooke shook her head. "We've got some more, but some of them are out of state or out of country for college, except one. She lives in the United States and has a husband and a new baby. We've got a lot."

Asteria nodded and took another bite of her ice cream.

"Okay girls," Luana said. "Here are your wristbands. You are free to do whatever, just be safe. Love you."

Brooke and Asteria bonded the whole rest of the time, talking about favorite bands and artists, books, movies and TV shows, things like that and were primarily just getting to know each other.

At the end of the day, Brooke went home with her parents and Asteria was getting driven back home by Luana.

"When are you heading back home, again?" Luana asked as she turned into the neighborhood.

"In a few days." Asteria answered, unbuckling herself. "I'll be back sometime though, I'm sure."

"I love you, Asteria." Luana gave her a hug, said her goodbyes and drove away.

Asteria walked into her grandparents house with a smile on her face, and went up to her bedroom and instantly called her boyfriend, Casper.

For an hour, she laid on her back listening to him talk about his day and his new job he recently started at. Asteria could've fallen asleep.

"...I walked home, it's not that far." Casper hummed. "I got home 30 minutes ago and I also showered. That's my day, baby. I'm now laying in bed in pajamas and no shirt, cause it's hot here."

"I missed you." Asteria rolled over to grab her phone.

Casper's cheeks lit up. "I missed you too, my love. Your day sounded way better than mine."

Asteria shrugged. "I enjoyed it, yes. I can't wait to be home. Have you ever been on vacation and just wished you were home?"

"Yes." Casper answered instantly. "You'll be home soon, Aster. I promise."