the two.

Now it was late at night and Casper laid in Asteria's bed, reading a poetry book he'd retrieved from her bookshelf as she packed up the last of her things for Australia.

Going to Australia was so exciting for Asteria—but seeing her mom's family was a bit terrifying. They hadn't seen her in well over 3 years, she was 13-14 when they last saw her. She had changed a lot.

"This is a very sad poetry book, Asteria, are you okay?" Casper said, putting the book on his chest.

Asteria let out a laugh and put the charger that was in her hands into her backpack. "A friend bought it for me. She said it was good."

"Is your friend okay?" Casper reiterated, watching as a small smile entered Asteria's lips.

"She's fine," Asteria hummed. "Are you almost finished with the book?"

Casper nodded, sitting up fully and swinging his legs over Asteria's bed as she picked out books from her bookshelf.

He came up around her, letting his hands slide on her waist, moving around her waist and kissing her head. "I'm gonna miss you while you're gone."

Asteria blushed, but laughed softly, catching his eye contact. "I won't be gone for long. School starts up after I come back, though."

Summer flew by in the blink of an eye. It seemed like yesterday, and now her birthday was coming up and another end-of-summer hospital banquet was coming up at the end of August. Apollo was starting school this year officially, and Asteria would be starting her junior year — which she was over the moon about.

Kind of.

With her junior year, she'd be really looking into colleges that offered a Marine Biology program which is what she really wanted to do.

Anywho, Asteria would be in Australia for 2 weeks starting tomorrow. Apollo, Michael, and herself would be staying at her grandparents house—on the water, which was very exciting for Asteria.

"I know," Casper groaned. "I'm gonna be 30 minutes away. Everyday."

Asteria laughed. "You're 30 minutes away all the time," She turned around and looked up at him. "You can handle it. I promise."

"You're so mean," Casper said, ruffling her hair. "Did you enjoy your summer?"

"Ah," Asteria shrugged. "It was very eventful. Lets see, I saw the boy I hated—"

"Awful guy."

"—went on vacation with him, kissed him, and now he's just annoying." Asteria huffed.

Casper let out a laugh, kissed her forehead before picking her up suddenly. Asteria squealed as he carried her out to her balcony and set her down in front of him.

The sun was setting now. The waves were crashing and the two were watching it. Casper had a hand on her waist, and the other leaned against the railing. Asteria's hand on top of Casper's hand, and the other messing with her braid.

Just two people, who thought they weren't meant to be together, making it work.