a fine man.

"i can't wait for the next update" the next update isn't even thought of yet

the next update isn't even thought of yet.

"I find you irritating."

"You find everything irritating."

"Excuse you?" Blair said firmly, her hand flying to her chest. "I do not. You just have a severely annoying personality, Shiloh."

"Watch it," Shiloh gasped.

Asteria scrolled through her Instagram, her eyes fixated on the bright screen in front of her as she saw multiple people from her high school going on vacations. She bit her lip.

After Asteria and her father had their fight, she had avoided him at all costs. Not eating dinner at the scheduled time, not leaving her house until he did, things like that. It was working so far.

"Asteria doesn't find me irritating. Do you, Asteria?" Shiloh asked, turning toward his friend who was paying no mind to the arguing. "Asteria?"

"Sorry?" Asteria lifted her head slightly.

"You don't find me irritating, do you?" Shiloh repeated.

Asteria tapped her chin and sat up against the wall. "Well," She trailed out.

"You bitch!" Shiloh laughed, turning toward Blair who was laughing.

Before Asteria could say anything else, the bell rang— signaling someone had walked in. She exhaled a breath and walked out to the counter.

"Hello, welcome to— Oh my god."

"Well, well, well," The same deep voice rang through her ears like a drum. "If it isn't the wannabe goddess?"

Casper stood in front of her, his friends standing behind him like ant trails. Asteria felt her head ring before she narrowed her eyes and said.

"What are you doing here? Don't you like 30 minutes away?" She asked, her eyes raising. "What are you doing in Pearl City, Casper?"

"My friends are here for a surfing event." He leaned against the counter. "Is this where you work?"

Asteria pointed to the nametag on her uniform that clearly stated she worked in the shaved ice shop. "Duh." She huffed. "What can I get you, Casper?"

"What would you recommend, sweetheart?" He smirked slightly.

Asteria wanted to throw up on the spot, but she concealed herself. She looked at the menu, "Well," She hummed, "Coconut is quite popular with jackasses."

Casper's friends snickered behind him and Capser rolled his eyes. "Can I get coconut then?" He asked, "You know, since it's popular with the jackasses."

"Sure thing." She looked at Shiloh who was awaiting an order and began the order.

About 5 minutes later, Asteria had taken all of the orders from Casper's friends and they now sat at a table across the room from Asteria who was cleaning the counter.

"Asteria," Blair tapped the girl's shoulder who was finishing up. Asteria turned. "You didn't tell me you were friends with such a fine man."

Asteria's eyebrows went together. "You consider that a man?" She laughed. "He's anything but a man."

Blair rolled her eyes and glanced over at the man who sat with his friends. "What's his name?"

"Casper." Asteria answered.

"How do you know him?" Blair asked.

Asteria raised her eyebrow at the teenager. "Why are you asking me so many questions?"

"Because Asteria!" Blair said with an urgency in her voice. "You can finally have your romance story moment. Enemies to lovers? Ring a bell?"

Asteria wanted to throw up again. "Are you fucking joking?" She scoffed. "When hell freezes over, sure."

"How do you know him?"

Asteria inhaled a sharp breath. Inside, she wanted Blair to shut up with the questions and stop mentioning enemies to lovers.

"His dad works with my dad. Happy?" Asteria put her lips in a fine line. "Now please stop asking about him."