stay with me.

The rest of the day was boring, to say the least.

The three adults simply bossed around the 3 kids to do their bidding as they pleased. Sending them to the store, asking them to clean up certain areas of the house, all while they sat and drank wine outside near the pool.

"We're going to stay here a little bit longer." Michael said as he approached his daughter. "You kids can go home if you'd like."

Asteria's shoulders dropped in slight relief. "Really?"

"If you'd like—"

Asteria didn't hear anything else as she went to collect Casper and Apollo. When she approached Casper's vacation bedroom, she heard whispering and giggles.

"Do you have any best friends?" Apollo asked softly.

"Sort of," Casper replied. "I have people I hang out with. I do have a good friend, his name is James, he's definitely one of my best friends. Do you?"

"No," Apollo said. "I have been sick my whole life. I don't have many people. Asteria has always been there for me,"

"That's good," Casper said. "Don't worry, buddy, you'll make friends. You're very likable."

"You think so?" Apollo asked, a raise in his voice. "I think you're likable!"

Casper chuckled softly. "Thank you, little man."

Asteria closed her eyes and slightly pushed open the door gently. "Guys?" She softly said, getting the attention of Casper and Apollo. Casper's eyes trailed up the girl gently.

"Hey," Casper greeted her when he met her eyes. "What's up?"

"Uh," Asteria rubbed her arm gently. "We're allowed to go home, if we want. If you two don't want to, you know, ride with the parents I can drive you home."

Casper stood up and came closer to Asteria. "Are you sure you can drive? You look exhausted,"

Asteria looked up at Casper and nodded. "I can." She said with her eyes blinking slowly.

In one swift motion, Casper slid his hand into Asteria's hoodie pocket and nicked her keys. Asteria gasped quietly when he put the keys in front of her face.

He said, "You can hardly keep one eye open, sweetheart. If you'll allow me, I'll drive us home."

As much as Asteria wanted to protest and tell him that there was no way she was letting him drive her car, she let her shoulders drop and agreed. "Alright."

The 3 younger adults each left Casper's room as Casper's hand gently ghosted behind Asteria's back. They told the adults that they were heading home and they all gathered their things and left.

"Crash my car, Casper," Asteria put a hand on Casper's chest to stop his motion. "And I kill you."

"Yes, ma'am." Casper chuckled.

Unfortunately, the traffic home was awful. Apollo had fallen asleep in his car seat and Asteria had a very quiet Taylor Swift playlist playing in the background. Casper had his chin rested against hand as he slowly drove.

"Casper?" Asteria hummed.

"Yes, love?" Casper said softly, turning his head to look at Asteria, who had her head leaned against the car window and her eyes trained on Casper.

"Since you live pretty far away from my house and I can't really drive since I'm on the verge of falling asleep, you can stay at my house." Asteria said.

Casper's eyes nearly widened. Stay at your house?

"You don't have to—"

Asteria cut him off quickly. "I don't want you waiting all night for our parents to come back. It's fine."

Casper blinked slowly and watched as Asteria's eyes watched him as well. He inhaled sharply before saying, "Thank you."