Uncomfortable Reunion

Start from the beginning

She didn't know this man.

"Yes?"

The man coughed, a nervous tremor clinging to it.

"I..." he glanced at his feet, shuffled a little, then met her gaze again, "for a long time now, I've...admired you from a distance. The whole villages knows that you're...in a relationship with Uzumaki-sama and I know, I can never compete with someone like that but..."

Oh...

It was this sort of situation again.

Though this one was a little different. She was opening her mouth to give the man her cookie cutter thanks, to let him down gently when he grabbed her hand. Surprised, she met his desperate eyes.

"You are the most beautiful, most graceful woman in the world and I want-"

He stopped abruptly, then dropped her as though burned. His earnest orbs widened, swelling with panic as they focused over her shoulder. Something hard, warm and familiar loomed behind her, pressing against her back. She craned her neck, taking in the sapphire glare of her Jinchuuriki lover. His usually cheerfully neutral face was clouded over with something dark and virile. He wrapped an arm about her waist, the space between their bodies now nonexistent, pinkening her her cheeks in the process. It wasn't hard for anyone to read his face, to understand his body language.

He was annoyed.

He was displeased.

And he was jealous.

It wasn't the first time she'd found herself within this territorial embrace, and wouldn't be the last. Naruto wasn't the least bit concerned she would stray. In her world, the only man that existed was him. The idea of loving someone else was laughable, to both of them. The thought of her sharing herself with someone other than the whiskered face blonde wrapped around her was, quite frankly, nauseating. However, he explained, that didn't mean he couldn't still be jealous. It didn't mean he would watch scenes like the current one and just leave it at that. That's not who he was and that's not how he would ever respond. He didn't like watching other men ogling her or pestering with declarations of love, let alone touching her and never would. He couldn't stand the thought of it before they'd gotten together, and seeing Toneri do it had seared the distaste for it in his mind.

She didn't mind it.

In fact, it always made her heart flutter when it happened. Though she'd die before she admitted it...his jealousy, his often times quiet, but unabashed possessiveness alway gave her heart a thrill. In all the years she'd loved him, never had she dreamed he'd ever display such primal feelings towards her. He never went overboard, or got violent with anyone, but he let it be known what he felt in many ways to whatever party he felt was overstepping their boundaries.

"You want what?" he questioned the man.

Though soft, his tone held a bite she recognized.

"U-Uzumaki-sama!" the man sputtered.

"You said you wanted something, what was it you wanted?" he questioned again, the timbre of his voice deepening, "I'm sure I could help you find what you're looking for."

"Ahh- no, uh, t-that's alright, Uzumaki-sama," the man bumbled, "I uh, I think I can find it myself. E-excuse me."

Hinata watched the man go, feeling a tiny bit bad for the frightened and embarrassed guy. Bright pink entered her peripheral then stopped before her wide, pleasantly surprised eyes.

"I step a way for one second and they're all over you," he grumbled in her ear, "not that I can blame them."

Pleasure filled her heart. The pretty petals looked delicate and the subtle aroma that wafted from the bundled flowers was heavenly.