On noticing his wife's long face powdered with nameless weariness, Ved added really very carefully

"Now for pity's sake don't take my words as an offense. I just meant that your increased exhaustion and transfiguring hormones are steadily putting you on an emotional roller coaster that casually metamorphoses you from joyous to miserable, or from hopeful to terrified state in a matter of seconds. And this is also completely okay, it happens with all."

"Ved have you started taking me as a fool nowadays, that you each time commence with your medical lectures?
For heaven's sake I too know about all these things and for your kind information I'm not at all taking these symptoms as something odd or freakish. It's just that it's all new for me, and at times a little uncomfortable too.... And on top of all this constant nauseousness sucks."

Adishri voiced all this in a way irked tone, probably this was due to her fluctuating hormones and an abrupt unease.
And on the other side in contrast, on hearing her and watching some small kids having great fun on the swings in front of his eyes, a small but genuine hopeful smile graced Ved's lips as he spoke

"But Shri soon one day... your this discomfort, patience and struggle will finally bore a sweet fruit in the form of our baby's arrival in the world. That reward will definitely outweighs all these temporary problematic discomfitures and inconveniences."

"Yeah! And one day we'll bring him or her here in this same park in a baby stroller..."

On following his glance, Adidhri too took a notice of the cheerful kids who were carefreely busy enjoying themselves.
Immediately, bit by bit Adishri started feeling better by not only Ved's optimistic gladdening words but also by the joyous scene of playing kids in front of her eyes. Then she too asserted her random desire with a zeal. Smiling positively after hearing her, Ved enunciated merrily

"Yes, and then soon when our baby will grow up a little, probably at then he or she will have fun on those different - different swings just like all those kids."

"Hmm! But aren't we being overly excited and hell hyperemotional?"

Grinning with the afresh visualisation of her future delight, Adishri probed Ved friskily.
To which he too started answering to her question animatedly

"Yep, very likely we are. But you know this is also completely normal because....."

"Not again Ved! Please stop irritating me with your explanations, I beg you, please."

Getting agitated with his manner of clarifying every single thing in detail, she shut him in the middle of his speech saying this.

"Alright your highness. As you command."

As Ved said this, he found his wife already shifting her eyes here and there, nearly all around the park. He quizzed her

"What happened?"

"Nothing! I'm just looking for Miru, a while before she was with Dadi but now see she isn't there in that group..."

Adishri replied still looking everywhere but him. Assuring her with his words, Ved spoke

"Must be here only. She must be strolling along with Shaurya and Dev. Don't worry!"

"Dev is walking there alone. But Miru..."

Before Adishri could even finish her sentence, Ved uttered as he signalled her with his eyes to look in the direction of the bench placed in the extreme left corner of the park, on which Shaurya and Manjiri were seated.

"Look there Shaurya and Miru are sitting there at ease. You're worrying about her needlessly..."

"But why are they sitting there, they could have settled here on these benches next to us... Why so far?"