Chapter 10

A couple hours later Annabeth came up on deck. We were passing a smoking volcanoes. The sea bubbled and steamed around the shore.

"One of the forges of Hephaestus," Annabeth said. "Where he makes his metal monsters. "

"Like the bronze bulls?" Percy asked.

She nodded. "Go around. Far around. "

"Bronze bulls? Now that's something I want to see." I said still laying on my back against the deck floor. Percy and Annabeth both laughed.

A few minutes later my body felt drowsy. I closed my eyes not expecting to fall fast asleep, but that didn't work out. I didn't even make it 30 seconds without falling fast asleep. 

I woke up right after. Not on the deck though, I was in the woods. It was night time, meaning the forest was pitch dark. I looked around for anyone that might be around. I slowly walked to a tree staying on high alert. The forest was freezing cold, the temperature reminded me of what I dreamt of on the CSS Birmingham. I was in a t-shirt with jean shorts on, my shoes were missing. I touched the tree bark. Something was familiar about this place. The moon light crept through some trees and gave me a small amount of light. I saw a huge red spatter on the tree in front of me. I looked at it skeptical, i realized it was still wet. I scooped some of the substance onto my finger and smelt it. It reeked of a strong, bad smell. It was the exact smell of-

"Crap!" 

I ducked right as a dagger was thrown right onto the bright red splatter of paint. This was a training exercise. The worst one at that. I whipped my head around and there I saw him, my father, but around him were all the men hunting me. I ran behind a tree as multiple arrows and gunshots were shot right at the front of the tree. We used red paint to mark the borders of the hunt. That's what we called it, the hunt. All the weapons used were real, since I was so highly trained I was expected to not die. If I didn't dodge or if I was hit, I simply would bleed out and die. It shouldn't really be considered a training exercise. 

I sprinting to my left, my feet were bleeding from all the sharp rocks and pine needles on the ground. I had nothing on me, no weapon or anything. I heard people approaching behind me. Their boots crunched the leaves under them. I counted the crunches as the same time, two men were behind me. I quickly leapt out and ran right towards one of the men. I swung my arms around his neck and wrapped my legs around his neck while pushing my hands back throwing the man off balance. He gave me a double tap meaning he was "tagged" or basically killed but not actually. I got off and the man "fell" to the ground. I stole his gun and pointed it right at his partner.

"Pew," I said looking right at the man. He dropped his weapon and like the other guy "fell" to the ground.

My vision got blurred and I turned around in circles. I started to panic since I couldn't see what was going on. I ended up blacking out in the end. 

I shot up drenched in sweat. I was breathing fast as I looked around urgently. I was back on the deck of the Queen Anne's Revenge. I got up slowly scanning the area for Percy or Annabeth. I saw both of them walking up from below. I relaxed a bit and waited for them to get up to the wheel.

"Where are we?" I asked trying to act as if everything was normal. Percy gave me a look, I could tell he knew something was wrong. Annabeth probably knew too but was kind enough to not make note of it.

"Land of the Sirens," Annabeth said looking out. 

"Sirens like the mermaids who bait you with a enchanting song?" I asked.

"Kinda."

"Creepy, but interesting." I said with a intrigued tone. 

I could barely make out the island ahead of us—just a dark spot in the mist.

"I want you to do me a favor," Annabeth said. "The Sirens ... we'll be in range of their singing soon. "