Chapter 9

"But—" Annabeth started.

"No thanks." I said crossing my arms.

"You are too intelligent, my dear," C. C. said looking to Annabeth, she obviously knew I wasn't gonna fall for it. "You know better than to trust that silly camp for heroes. How many great female half-blood heroes can you name?"

"Um, Atalanta, Amelia Earhart—" Annabeth said.

"Wait she was a half-blood-" I got cut off by C.C.

"Bah! Men get all the glory. " C. C. closed her fist and extinguished the magic flame. "The only way to power for women is sorcery. Medea, Calypso, now there were powerful women! And me, of course. The greatest of all. "

"You...C.C..." Annabeth said thinking.

"..Circe! C.C stands for Circe!" I said shouting out very proud of myself for knowing that.

"Yes my dears, no need to worry, I mean no harm."

"I'm gonna ask again lady. Where is Percy!" I yelled demanding an answer.

"I only helped him realize his true form. "

Annabeth looked over to the cages and lightly pulled my arm to get my attention. I realized what she meant. Percy was one of those guinea pigs, both our eyes went wide.

"Forget him," Circe said. "Join me and learn the ways of sorcery. "

"But—"

"Your friend will be well cared for. He'll be shipped to a wonderful new home on the mainland. The kindergartners will adore him. Meanwhile, you will be wise and powerful. You will have all you ever wanted. "

Annabeth was still staring at the cages while I was staring at Circe. I never s badly wanted to kill someone, yet here she was, right in front of me.

"Just give me a minute to say goodbye..." Annabeth said sadly.

"Of course, my dear," Circe cooed. "One minute. Oh ... and so you have absolute privacy ..."

She waved her hand and iron bars slammed down over the windows. She swept out of the room and I heard the locks on the door click shut behind her.

"The hell, are you crazy!" I said looking to Annabeth.

"I'm not, don't worry. Were gonna get Percy out of here." She said rushing over to the cages.

"That my friend, is a much better idea." I joined her at the cages, there were so many guinea pigs.

"There's so many, how do we know which is Percy.." I asked confused.

"We don't.." She said looking around the room.

I scanned the room looking for anything we could use.

"There!" I said running over to the cuff of Percy's jeans, they were sticking out from under the loom. I rummaged through his pockets, I found his pen sword and multivitamins which were the only two things I found that might be helpful. I looked to Annabeth holding the options, she was still scanning the cage looking for Percy.

"Toss me the multivitamins!" She said urgently. I tossed them to her and she struggled to open the cap. She popped in a lemon chewable and threw me one as well. I looked to her like she was crazy.

"Really? Vitamins right now aren't gonna do us any good." I said holding the bottle. 

"Just eat it. Hurry!" She yelled to me. I stuffed the vitamin into my mouth right as Circe came back in, flanked by two of her business-suited attendants.

"Well," Circe sighed, "how fast a minute passes. What is your answer, my dears?"

"This," Annabeth said, and she drew her bronze knife.  My eyes widened as I did not realize she was planning on doing that.