Chapter 4

Yujin's POV:

I see Jungwon step forward and he opens his mouth.

"I apologize for Heeseung hyung's actions. As you can see from all of our actions that none of us know how to be with people properly."

He bows which causes me to feel awkward. I bow back.

"It's okay. Just please keep him and that one away from me." I point at Sunghoon and walk towards the door. I'm about to walk out but a hand holds my wrist. I look up to see Jungwon. I raise an eyebrow, questioning why is he holding my wrist.

He puts something in my hand and my eyes widen.

My sandwich. Thank God it's in a container or else I would've cried. "I found this near your locker. I thought maybe you'd like to have it." I look at him for a second before bowing. "Thank you so much."

I smile at him which causes his eyes to widen. He coughs and nods. I take that as my cue to leave and walk out.

The bell rings which causes me to groan.

I didn't get to eat.

Now I'm gonna be annoyed the whole day.

I drag myself to class, pitying myself and cursing at Heeseung for wasting my time.

After school:

I walk out of school and wait for Hyunjin to pick me up. Chaeryoung and Soojin already left. They both went home to get changed for our outing. I take out my phone and headphones. Might as well pass time.

I'm tapping my feet to Aya by Mamamoo when I feel a hand on my shoulders. This causes me to tense and grab the hand and twist it behind the person's back.

"HEY HEY!! OW LET GOO!!!"

I look at the person and see Ni-ki. I gasp and quickly let go which causes him to fall on the floor, holding his arm. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you! I thought you were some creep so I had acted without looking." I place my hand on his shoulder which causes him to flinch. He gets up and looks at me. "It's f-fine. I shouldn't have surprised you like that. I didn't know you had such a strong grip."

I cross my arms and say, "Of course you don't know. We just met." This causes him to squirm. "T-That's not what I meant! I just thought you'd get scared and- I mean you don't like the type to get scared. You look like someone who would scare others- Wait no I don't mean you're terrifying in looks. You're beautiful and swee-"

I cut off his rant by laughing. He looks at me in shock but then starts laughing as well. "You're cute." This causes a blush to appear on his face and his ears to turn red. "I-I'm not cute." "If you say so. By the way, why'd you come here? Do you want something?"

"Oh right, I was wondering if you wanted to come to our party. It's this Friday. The whole school is invited. We wanted to give a personal invitation to you." I look at his hand that's holding the invitation card.

I smile at him and say, "I'm not sure if I'll be able to come." "Oh, why?" "We aren't really that close to be sharing our plans." He gives me a smile but I can tell it's forced. "Well I'll still give you the invitation just in case you come."

I nod and hear my phone.

Hyunjin.

The older:
My friends called me. I can't pick you up. Is it okay for you to walk?

Me:
Yeah I'll walk home. Have fun with your friends. And tell them I said hi.

The older:
Sure thing, shortie.