CHAPTER 1 | a date

KASUMI LOVED KYOSHI. It was her home. But recently, she felt like she could do more. She could help the world. Thoughts of the vision still took over her mind, sometimes. It was hard thinking about it, because her thoughts would trail off and she'd begin thinking about her old village, and the loss of her father and sister.

"Kasumi, dear!" Kasumi's mother, Ju, called, from downstairs, snapping Kasumi out of her daze, "Go get some bread from the market."

"Okay!" She replied, warming up her hands with her purple fire bending. She bolted down the stairs, grabbed the housekeeping purse and ran out the house.

Her friend, Aiko, was walking down the street. He was the boy with green eyes from the vision so many years ago. He was so much taller than him, with wavy brown hair and light skin. She waved and ran towards him. She looped her arm around his and they the market. "Kasumi, have you heard? The Avatar is back!" he exclaimed, his eyes bright.

"What?! No way! The Avatar has been dead for a century." Kasumi said, shocked. The Avatar disappeared so long ago, that most people lost hope that they were ever returning. Some people believe the Avatar cycle was destroyed, after all the Air Nomads were killed, during Firelord Sozin's era.

Akio laughed and just said, "I don't think so. I hope have, the Avatar will save us all." They reached the market and went to the baked goods stall. The vendor, Tara, gave Kasumi a warm smile and and asked her what she wanted today. They had a chat with the vendor. "So what are you getting, Kasumi?" the vendor asked.

"Two loaves of elephant-tiger bread, please!" she said, happily. They talked for a bit more and then she passed over the bread in woven basket, and Kasumi gave her five coins.

Everyone from the market rushed to the Kyoshi Statue. With her basket in her arms, Kasumi ran over to the statue. Three figures were tied to the pole, two boys and one girl. Suki, a very close friend of Kasumi's, tore the blindfold off the boy in the middle. "Where are the men who captured us?!" he spat. Kasumi though he was kinda cute. He had clear brown skin, and pretty blue eyes.

He looked familiar, however... Someone she'd seen years ago. He was one of the boys from the vision!

Suki scoffed. "We're the ones, who captured you." she said, gesturing at the Kyoshi Warriors. She ripped the blindfolds off the girl and the other boy. The other boy looked younger, he was bald and had.. some unique blue arrow tattoos on his forehead and arms. Also someone from the vision. The girl looked very similar to the first boy, but she had a much more sweeter face. Again, also in the vision.

"No way did a bunch of girls capture me!" the first boy retorted, arrogantly.

"You know what..?" Suki said, a smirk spreading across her face. "The Unagi is hungry and you three look like good offerings!"

"What? No!" the younger boy exclaimed. Some old dude stepped through the crowd and mumbled something about them being Fire Nation spies.

"Um, excuse me? Do you not see the Water Tribe clothes? We aren't spies!" the girl, said struggling in her restraints.

"Fine." Suki said, "What about him?" She pointed at the bald boy, accusingly.

"Aang! You're an airbender, do an airbending trick or something!" the girl said to the bald boy.

"Oh yeah!" With a smile on his face, he flew out of his rope restraints and flew a marble around his palms. Everyone watched in awe. The old dude from before, garbled about the Avatar and the Last Airbender, and sooner or later we were preparing banquet in this little bald boy's honor.

Suki explained to Kasumi that, he was, in fact, the Avatar, a reincarnation of Avatar Kyoshi, and he was travelling the world to prepare to fight the Firelord. Was Kasumi supposed to help them defeat the Fire Nation? She felt like the answer was probably yes.