Chapter 46- Ken 10

Depuis le début

~💚~

"I think that just leaves mine and your mother's gift. Now, you know your mother and I haven't been too psyched about bringing you into the hero business," Ben said. "Really? Hadn't noticed." "Fighting aliens is not kid's stuff, Kenneth," I said. "But since your father got the Omnitrix when he was your age, we thought you should have this."

~💚~

"Yes! My own Omnitrix! This is fully cool! Hmm, which of your 10, 000 aliens should I try first?" Kenny said. "Which of 10 alien heros. If I started with 10, so can you," he said. "Oh, okay. Let's see... Four Arms, definitely. Way Big, Diamondhead. Ooh, Atomix, yeah." "Actually, I've already downloaded 10 for you," I said. "I don't even get to pick?" "Don't worry. Your mother gave you a couple of old-school classics -- XLR8 and Stinkfly. That way you can get away if things get too intense," Ben said.

~💚~

"Who said I going to run away?" Kenny said. "There's also Wildvine, Ditto, Buzzshock, Spitter, Snakepit, and Sandbox. Oh, and Shellhead and Toepick," Ben said. "Dad, most of those dudes are so feeble. I mean, Shellhead's just a big turtle who's only power is to hide in his shell. And Toepick even grosses me out." "Well, if you don't like it, I can always take it back. Right, honey?" I said.

~💚~

"That's right, sweetheart." Ben said, nodding. "No, no! But you got to at least trade Toepick for... I don't know, Grey Matter? "Deal," he said. "Danger alert. Sector B, Delta niner." "Kenny, stay here and look after your mother. Got to run." "Don't you mean we got to run? Race ya!" Kenny said. "Kenneth Tennyson, you get back here!" I yelled. "That boy is so much like his father."

~💚~

Max was on the computer while I was sitting down and relaxing. "Grandpa, can you chamber this?" Ben asked. "So, how was the first day as partners?" I asked. "Three up, three down. Can't complain." "Sure, you can't because he aced me out of all the action," Kenny complained. "Just having an Omnitrix doesn't make you a hero. Your job is to watch, learn, then pitch in when it's safe," I said.

~💚~

"How can I pitch in if you never give me a chance? Mom, explain it to him!" Ugh. I'm out of here," he said. "Kenny!" "At least I got one present that isn't completely useless." "Where does he get that attitude from?" Ben asked. "Gee, I wonder." I said as I wrapped my arms around my husband. "Huh? What? Who?" "Kenny's just like you were when you were young," I continued.

~💚~

Later that night, the danger alert went off. "Intruder alert. Intruder alert." "Who'd be dumb enough to attack us here?" Kenny said. "Every once in a while, someone thinks he has something to prove. Let's take care of this together. As a family," Ben said. "A real team?" Suddenly, everything started to rumble. Ben grabbed Kenny and I and held us close.

~💚~

Then, someone burst in. My eyes widened in horror. It was... KEVIN! "Miss me?" "Kevin?! We exclaimed, in disbelief. "Initiate emergency lockdown. Kenny, your room! Paige, you too; darling." "Ben, no! We've always fought Kevin together. I'm coming with you!" "This is different, sweetheart. You're pregnant. If anything happened to you... to Kenny... to our unborn child... I'd never forgive myself," He said.

~💚~

"You just said we'd handle this guy together. As a family," Kenny said. "That was before I knew it was Kevin. Go! Secure rooms K1 and BP1." "You're looking at this the wrong way, my love. You think this is about the here stuff." "Isn't it?" Ben asked. "Every parent has trouble letting their kids grow up, but we're living proof kids have to make their own mistakes. Give Kenny a chance. He'll earn your trust, Benji," I said.