♛𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞♛

Start bij het begin

"I don't know...did you manage to get your lunch okay last night?" I sarcastically retaliated, turning back to my text book.

He chuckled quietly shaking his head.

"Yeah, I should probably apologise for that." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. Well this is a change from yesterday. Maybe he was just having a bad day.

"Probably." I muttered.

"Not many people have the 'guts' to talk to me you know. Actually no one does." I gave him a confused look. "Haven't you heard? I'm 'terrifying'." He scoffed unamused, air quoting terrifying.

That made me laugh a little. "Oh clearly." I laughed.

He smiled.

"Anyway, I'm sorry for jumping the line." He gave me a sheepish smile.

"Your forgiven." I smiled. "But I do have one question..." I trailed. He raised his eyebrows in response.

"Why didn't you just wait in line like everyone else?" I tilted my head. He chuckled, looking down at his book.

"Because then I would have to deal with all of the stares." He admitted quietly.

"Stares?" I asked, wanting him to continue. He let out a heavy sign.

"I don't know what you have been told, but everyone avoids us. Yet they know everything about us. 'Us' as in myself and my friends. They all stare and whisper." He ran his hands through his hair.

Then he grinned. "Besides, I cannot stand in a line with a bunch of girls constantly whispering and staring at me." He smirked. Ah, another arrogant one.

I laughed and rolled my eyes in response and nodded in understanding, remembering Sarah's reaction when she saw the back of him last night during dinner.

"So it's better to just quickly pay and blend back in with the crowd." I finished for him.

He nodded. "Exactly that." He let out of heavy sign. "But I am sorry for jumping the line." He smiled awkwardly.

"It's okay, I understand. Besides, I did over react a little...let's call it's a truce." I smiled and he grinned.

Someone at the front of the classroom cleared their throat.

We both jumped out of our seats, our heads whipping towards the professor who stood looking at us with an even more bored expression, if that was even possible.

"No no, you two go on. Finish your conversation." He drooled, folding his arms across his chest. Everyone in the class turned back on their seats, all eyes on us. I felt my cheeks warm. I noticed every girl in the class either glared at me, or silently judged me, looking back and forth between Xavier and I. Wow, they must really like him.

"Sorry." Xavier and I bother mumbled at the same time. The professor scoffed.

"Well if your sorry then I'm sure you two won't mind staying after school for detention." He gave us a sly smile.

I started at him, wide eyed. So much for a good first day. I nodded my head in response whilst Xavier shrugged, clearly not bothered that he had just gotten a detention.

If my father new- I shudder at the thought.

We stayed silent for the rest of the lesson, only occasionally asking one another for help on a question. I was relieved when the bell rang, signalling the end of class.

I slowly packed my things away, feeling a little zombi like after that boring hour of silence. Xavier was even slower.

"So...what you got next?" He signed, yawning. I sling my bag over my shoulder, standing up as he did.