Chapter 7

"He was beautiful" said Jay as he walks down the corridor with the Emperor. 

The Emperor sighed in regret. He failed to protect his sons' lover from the former King of Nephine. 

"If I have known that you had a lover back in Nephine I would've called you back with him" said the Emperor as the two walks toward the Throne room.

"Maybe then the two of you would be safe" said the Emperor as he gazes on the ground

"You didn't know. And it wasn't your fault. It was mine" said Jay as he was tearing up remembering how he pushed Jungwon away because he was afraid. He was afraid that it would tarnish the image of the Sole Successor of the Emperor to see him dillydallying with someone instead of preparing to be the Future Emperor.

That's right. Jay is the sole Heir to the Throne of the Emperor who governs the entire country. It was because of his statute that he was afraid. He was afraid to be seen with someone in the Police Force of Nephine. He thought, it would tarnish his image as the Royal Heir. 

It was Sunghoon who saw Jay kissing Jungwon inside the precinct that night. Sunghoon knew Jay was the last to leave the precinct everyday that is why he came at night. But the moment he saw Jay kissing Jungwon, he knew Jay loved Jungwon. And without the permission from the Emperor he is expected to remain single until he is crowned. 

For Sunghoon who was broken at that time, decided to talk to Jungwon instead of Jay regarding the investigation of his past Lover, Jake's murder. At the time Sunghoon was so sure that it was Sunoo who ordered the murder, at that time, Sunghoons' goal was to return the debt of life to Sunoo ten-fold. It was revenge that was driving him.

But because of Jungwons' help that he finally learned that it was his Father who instigated the killing and Sunoo was one of the Victims. He didn't know that he was being followed. Pictures of him talking to Jungwon were seen in the former Kings' chamber. It was hidden inside one of his drawers. 

Sunghoon apologized to Jay numerous times before he was crowed King of Nephine. Sunghoon was to blame about Jungwons' death. But that's what Sunghoon believed in. That it was his fault that Jungwon died. That he's responsible for Jungwons death. 

After the coronation of Sunghoon, he visited the Emperor. It was at that time that he told him about Jays' lover. The Emperor was in complete shock at that time because Jay was known for having a frozen heart. He doesn't show his emotions, even to his parents. 

But upon hearing that Jay wanted to introduce someone to him, he was delighted. But rather than a feast upon Jays' return to the Capital, he asked for a funeral instead. The funeral was attended by only the Royal Family and no one else. To remember Yang Jungwon as his lover. 

"If only..." said the Emperor... Jay patted his Fathers' back

"It's not your fault. It's mine. Only if I had the courage to proclaim to the world that he's mine, It wouldn't have come to this" said Jay as a tear fell from his eyes.

Jay would be lying if he did not blame Sunghoon for what he did. He blamed him for Jungwons' death. Because if he talked to him that night instead of Jungwon, maybe he's still alive. But Jay knew that Jungwon wouldn't like that. He knows that Jungwon would be mad at him for blaming someone else for his death. 

"I'm sorry Son, for everything that happened while you were away." said the Emperor. 

Jay wiped the tear that fell from his eyes and smiled at the Emperor. This day was supposed to be a Happy one. Jay stood in front of the huge doors together with his Father. Jay would belying if he said that he was fine. But he tried to hide his sadness with a smile.