Chapter 5

Jay's sitting in front of the Chief Deputy for the actions he took a while ago. The Chief was disappointed in Jay as he's the most outstanding officer for 3 years in a row. Never once did he let his emotions dictate his actions. 

"What do you have to say for yourself?" asked the Deputy with a sigh, visually disappointed at his actions

"You do know that He'll know what you did" said the Chief while shaking his head

"I know, I'll talk to him" said Jay as he stood up and walked out of the office. 

Jay was walking down the corridor when he saw Jay and Heeseung talking about something serious. Heeseung looks worried about Jungwon but Jay couldn't do anything. He doesn't have the right to be beside him after all that he's done.

"If only my responsibilities weren't that big of a deal, I would've married you years ago" mumbled Jay as he stopped his tracks, gazing at the two outside of the office through the glass.  He sighed once again before entering the office.

"Are you sure about this? This is Top secret, I doubt our Chief knows it. It'll be very dangerous" asked Heeseung as he looked at Jungwons' face, Heeseung knew that Jungwon had made up his mind, but he couldn't help but to worry.

"Of course, He approached me personally to investigate what happened that night, I need to do this. Because only then, I might be somewhat qualified to-" Jungwon was cut off when Niki abruptly stood up, slamming his hands on the table, surprising everyone. 

"My computer arrived!" said Niki enthusiastically.

"How did he get a new one?" asked Yeonjun as he looked at the younger who ran outside of the office

The others shrugged as they continued working on their cases. 

"If you feel that something's wrong, call me. Stop what you're doing and get out". said Heeseung as Jungwon nodded. 

The office door opened, Jungwon stood up and was about to talk to Jay when Jay walked pass him without batting an eye. Jay walked over to his seat like nothing happened. It broke Jungwons heart as he wanted to ask Jay why he did that but it seems like he doesn't need to worry. Because Jay is strong and he can take care of himself. 

"Looks like I'm not wanted here" said Jungwon before he walked out of the office, ignoring Niki who asked him for help to carry his new computer. 

Heeseung only looked at Jungwon before sighing. He glared at Jay for being a coward and shook his head. Jay would be lying if he think that it didn't hurt him. Being a Police officer wasn't his only responsibility, there is so much more that a normal police officer can comprehend. 

Jay was staring at his monitor. He doesn't want to look at Jungwon because he might break. His facade might break. He might not show it on his face, but the countless nights Jungwon hadn't stayed in his apartment tears him up. 

Ever since Jay decided to keep Jungwon as his, Jungwon has been going back and forth from his apartment. He even have his keys. Jay gave it to him when he was sure that Jungwon's the one for him. That Jungwon's the person he wanted to spend his entire life with.

But ever since Jungwons first day, not even once did he step foot in Jays' apartment. 

He was devastated. Jay wanted to talk to him when their works are done but Heeseung was always there to block Jungwon from Jay. He tried countless times to talk to him in the office but for Jay, it was 'too risky'

No one would be able to explain why he's acting like that, but behind his cold demeanor, Jungwon was and has always been his light and warmth. It was always Jungwon who made his days better.