Chapter 3

For a few weeks now, Jay has been avoiding Jungwon inside the precinct. Every time Jungwon wanted to talk to Jay, he would just shrug and leave the hurt Jungwon behind. Even on some cases that needs his permission, being the Leader of the Team, He must communicate with his members except to Jungwon. 

 Heeseung on the other hand keeps on bothering Jungwon to have coffee with him. But Jungwon keeps on declining his offer ever since Jays' "warning".

"Come on! You've been here for like a month and we only had one tteokbokki date~" whined Heeseung as he latches on Jungwons arm, jumping up and down like a kid.

Jungwon tried to pry Heeseung off of his arm when he suddenly saw Jay talking to a girl. She's positioned at the front desk of the precinct and it was obvious that she likes Jay. Jungwon saw how she intentionally leans dangerously close to Jay when handing him some files and how 3 of her buttons were loose, revealing her cleavage.

Jungwon tried to talk to Jay even if they're not in their office but Jay wouldn't answer the phone. He also wouldn't let Jungwon inside his apartment anymore. 

Jungwon was confused as what was the gesture he just showed to him a few weeks back? was he just playing around because he was annoyed at Heeseung?

Jay has been a walking red flag for the past weeks and Jungwon has had enough of it. Ever since Jungwon stepped foot in the precinct, Jay has always prioritized his reputation. Jungwon was deeply hurt by this, but he loves Jay. But he couldn't do anything else, other than look at him from afar. 

"Please~~~~" said Heeseung who acted cutely as he blinked his eyes towards Jungwon while pouting.

"*sighs* Alright, meet me tomorrow" said Jungwon as Heeseung yelled "Yes" loud enough to be heard by the whole precinct, even Jay.

Jungwon shook's his head and went to his seat. He can feel that someone's burning a hole on his face but he couldn't care anymore. No, he wouldn't care anymore.

For the rest of the day, Heeseung wouldn't stop rambling about where he would take Jungwon for the coffee date. Just a couple of days back, Heeseung confessed to Jungwon that he likes him. Jungwon was astounded by the sudden confession and decided to put a halt on his answer. 

Heeseung has been asking him if he can court him, but Jungwon always got the perfect excuse to deflect his question. Evening came and Heeseung was about to get off work when he saw Jungwon struggling about his work. 

Heeseung then walked over to Jungwon and looked at his computer screen. 

"I can help you if you want" said Heeseung. Jungwon was startled when he heard Heeseungs voice behind him. He immediately went to look at Heeseung but to his surprise, Heeseungs face was next to him, Jungwon accidentally kissing him on the cheeks. 

Heeseungs eyes went wide and froze on his spot as he gulped hard. His face was turning red at the sudden kiss.

"Oh my God,  didn't know! I-I'm sorry Hyung, I didn't mean to" Jungwon panicked as he saw Heeseung frozen on his place.

Jay on the other hand is fuming with anger and jealousy. He has his hands on a fist and his face turning red in anger. Jay cleared his throat startling Jungwon and Heeseung. 

"It's okay, you don't have to apologize" said Heeseung as he patted Jungwons head.

Once again, Jay cleared his throat making the two look at him.

"Do you want some water?" asked Heeseung and Jay nodded.

"Wait for me, I'll help you after I come back okay?" said Heeseung as he ruffled Jungwons hair, before Jungwon could reply, Heeseung is already on his way to the kitchen.

"What was that all about? You're clearly flirting in front of me. Is he your new boy toy?" asked Jay in a monotonous voice with his poker face on, glaring at the working Jungwon.

Jungwon heard Jay clearly but he refused to answer. Jay was about to stand up and walk over to Jungwon when Heeseung comes back.

"Here's you water" Heeseung placed the water bottle next to Jay as he thanked him.

"So, where do you need help?" asked Heeseung when he went back to Jungwon, placing his hand on top of Jungwons' hand as he scroll down the screen with the mouse. 

Heeseungs body was on top of Jungwons back, caging him on the desk. Jay faked a cough as he drank the water Heeseung gave him. Indicating Jungwon to refuse the help. But Jungwon had enough of the theatrics. Jungwon had enough of the game Jays' ben playing around.

"Here" said Jungwon as he moved his hand under Heeseungs but not removing his hand on top of his as he pointed the problem with the mouse. 

Jay was clearly annoyed and angry at Jungwon for not listening to him. He was turning red and anytime he could burst out. But he has to maintain his image, he forced his anger to calm down and focused at the task he's working on right now. 

After an hour, Jungwon finally finished his work. 

"Thank you very much, I don't know what I would do without you" said Jungwon as he looked over at Heeseung who smiled back

"Its nothing, don't worry about it. I am happy to help" said Heeseung as he stretched his arms and yawning

"Its super late, have you had dinner?" asked Jungwon and Heeseung shook his head.

"Not yet. I'll have dinner after I walked you home" said Heeseung as a tease but he was shocked at Jungwons reply.

"Do you want to eat Ramen? Its the only thing I have in my apartment" said Jungwon.

Heeseungs eyes once again widened as he was surprised at the answer he got from Jungwon. 

"Yes! of course! I love Ramen!" said Heeseung as he smiled at the latter in front of him

"Come on then, I'm starving too." said Jungwon as he took all of his belongings and placed them inside his bag. 

"Let's buy kimchi on the way" said Jungwon a he walked towards the exit with Heeseung.

"Oh, and Goodbye Sir" said Jungwon as he bowed down before exiting the building and Heeseung gestured goodbye to Jay with his hands.

Jay on the other hand smiled, but after they were out of sight, he yelled and punched his desk in anger. He sat there, watching Jungwon and Heeseung flirt with one another. But him, who has all the right to be beside Jungwon was silently watching them. Jay was angry, but not to Jungwon and Heeseung, but mostly to himself.

If he wasn't so conceited about his reputation then none of this would've happened. He wanted to make sure that he's perfect and loved by all, But the person who loved him sincerely was not in his list of priorities. 

"Come back" said Jay as a tear fell from his eyes, looking at where the two went.

Jungwon on the other hand was actually having fun, talking and walking with Heeseung on the way to his Apartment, he had fun, after weeks of torment.

~tbc~