𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘛𝘸𝘰 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘢𝘯

Start from the beginning

"Shit, Sloan." His eyes widen at my confession. I hadn't told anyone expect Ronan. Ellie didn't want pity and I didn't want to stress her out anymore.

"I took her to the hospital to be cheeked out. They said everything was fine and that it was just her raised blood pressure again and she was a little dehydrated. On the plus side we got to see the baby. She's 20 weeks now so we also found out the sex as well." I grin at the memory.

I could not have been more happy but I had never seen Ellie so shocked before.

"You not going to tell your old man then?" He grins winking at me.

My chest warms at what he referred to himself as. I wasn't going to. Me and Ellie wanted to keep it private except for immediate family. Yet watching as he looks over my face pride shining in his eyes I realise that he is immediately family. At least to me.

So leaning towards his ear I whisper what our bundle of joy is going to be. His eyes light up and his teasing grin vanishes into one of genuine care. "Congratulations, son."

Chuckling my thanks it gets swallowed up in the hug he squeezes me into.

"I should probably check in on her." I mumble pulling away.

He nods a knowing look in his eyes before he stands up walking towards the ice and shouts at Keon to stop being in the way. I snicker, my man did not deserve this treatment.

Pulling out my phone I dial her number and wait for her to answer.

"Evanna Hill." Her sharp voice answers, my brows furrowing at the greeting.

"Thorn, it's me."

"Oh" Her voice lightens a touch. "Everything ok?"

"I got benched." I frown still angry that I am wasting my practice here.

She laughs lightly and I feel something warm in my chest, "Poor baby." My eyes roll as I imagine her pouting down the phone.

"Are you ok? Have you eaten? What about drinking? -" I ramble before being cut off by her.

"Sloan. Relax I'm okay." She reassures the sound of heels clicking following her voice.

"Are you wearing heels?" I question is disbelief.

"Yes." Is all she replies with.

She could fall in them and hurt herself - You know what, a battle for another day.

The phone line crackles a little and I can just about make out the sound of the bell. Loud voices fill the phone and I know she is walking towards her next design class.

"Hey! Watch it asshole!" She shouts down the phone so loud I have to pull it away. The team is just coming off the ice snickering to themselves as they hear her voice. Coach grins shaking his head before moving them along.

"Why don't people watch where they are going? I mean do I not look pregnant Sloan? I am showing off the baby very proudly you know."

I chuckle trying to contain the grin that wants to form on my face at hearing how proud she is of her bump. I was worried she would want to hide it as I know she had said her mother told her should would get fat but the opposite happened.