Chapter Twenty-Four

Comincia dall'inizio

Keir glared at her, making Caldor puff out his wings more, the claws only gently touching her. The Darkness snaked up her thigh, hip, chest until he was to her eyes, making a show to Keir which left him pale.

"I suggest watching yourself Keir," her Fathers voice warned. "We wouldn't want what happened last time to be permanent, do we?"

Like a dog, Keir obeyed.

Just as nothing happened, Rhysand then placed the crown on her head, the silver colliding with her fire. Tonight, she was the stars, the moon, the Mountains, the night.

Tradition, when a new High Lord or High Lady, ( Now High Princesses ) Someone of that court shall offer to dance with them, showing acceptance of the new ruler. But when Katherina looked, no one would meet her.

She was about to turn to Caldor but then people started to whisper as a volunteer walked to her.

He was unlike anything Katherina had seen.

Sure, she had seen High Males and Female alike with features that made them seem as if they were made specially to marry the Gods.

This male that seemed just a few years older than her, had sun-kissed hair. His skin pale but much tanner than hers. Compared to Caldor, he didn't have much muscle but it matched him.

And his eyes...

They made her feel as if she was swimming in a sea of blue and green, bright compared to the darkness of the Night Court. This male in general glowed, glowed like she'd never seen before.

He took her hand for a kiss as he bowed to her.

She didn't want to admit how it made her feel to see a male on his knees for her.

People watched as music came to play as they took their steps to the center of the room. She took a quick glance behind her, her father back on his throne, hand in hand with his mate they both looked at her with pride.

Cassian winked, Mor raised her brows, Azriel nodded at her, Nesta smirked, Elain smiled, and Lucien grinned.

The music played softly as the Male pulled Katherina to him, their bodies both different and unfamiliar but they adapted.

They flowed with the melody, each step filled with memory and practice. He smelled of spring and citrus. 

Their dance wasn't a once in a lifetime moment. It felt too graceful and formal, but it was just what the people needed.

Eventually, couples and children started dancing along with them, their faces more relaxed and calm. When Katherina's eyes met the strangers, his eyes softened before passing her to a female with beautiful grey eyes and brown skin, disappearing in the crowd.

Katherina smiled as many danced with her- children, males, females. Each one was more comfortable with her as they laughed and swayed with the song.

She also got the chance to dance with Mor, Nesta, Cassian and Azriel.

By the end, her heart was thumping and her feet were sore. When finally they decided to go back to the House of Wind, everyone stayed outside in Elains gardens, laughter echoing into the night.

"Are you alright?" Her father said as he sat next to her, Cassian and Nesta bickering behind them.

"Just tired, tonight was... exciting," she smiled.

Rhysand gave her a light nudge, "Why don't you go up to bed? We'll be out here for a while."

She nodded, her father giving her a goodnight kiss on her forehead.