chapter thirty two.

Keep holding on — Avril Lavigne

CYN WAS SURPRISED TO OPEN UP HER DOOR AND see Demetri on the other side. They had both agreed to see each other more but, with him busy with Cobra Kai and her focusing on Miguel, there wasn't exactly enough time in the day. The Alexopoulous boy look frantic as he rocked back and forth, making the girl furrow her brows.

"Are you okay? You look like you just had 12 monsters, a shit ton of coffee, and eight packs of skittles." She commented as her friend turned on his heel to face her.

"Yeah—... I just." Demetri paused, as if he was in some sort of weird thought process. "Did you have anything to do with Cobra Kai taking Miguel's money we raised? And them beating up some of the Miyagi-do kids?"

Cynthia was taken aback by even the slightest suggestion she would do something like that. She had proved that her loyalty was with whatever was right, not whatever dojo she was in, time and time again. She lightly cleared her throat before putting on a sad smile.

"I didn't, i'm not a Cobra Kai anymore, and I never will be." Cyn bit the inside of her cheek. "But thanks for thinking so low of me."

"Cynthia, you know I didn't mean it like that." The pale boy let out a light sigh as he scratched the back of his neck. "I just wanted to make sure you weren't still with them because, you don't belong there."

"I don't belong in karate at all. I'm not even that good at it, honestly." Cynthia shook her head. "I'm over it all, and I just want to live a regular, drama free life. Maybe i'll become a..."

"Trying to think of hobbies that don't have drama? Impossible, most humans are just dramatic." Demetri shrugged his shoulders. "How's Miguel? I know you've been to see him. I dropped off some comics awhile ago but I haven't been able to stop by since."

The mention of her best friends name made her forget all about anything Cobra Kai as she genuinely smiled.

"He's going to be getting surgery soon." Cynthia looked down at her wrist watch before curing under her breath angrily. "Damnit, I have to go be there for him."

She ran into the house and quickly grabbed a jacket and her purse.

"Text or call, yeah? The phone works both ways, Dem." She stood closed the door behind her, kissed her friend on the forehead and ran off, hoping to make it in time to be there for Carmen, and the rest of the Diaz family.

For Miguel.

CYNTHIA PRACTICALLY RAN OUT OF THE ELEVATOR when it came to a stop and the doors opened up. She was planning to check on Theo's hospital status before sprinting to the waiting room to be with Carmen. Problem was, when she walked to the front desk, they said Theo had been gone since basically the day after he told her about Robby.