chapter eight.

Keep holding on—Avril Lavigne

  CYNTHIA HAD ACTUALLY BEGUN TO ENJOY KARATE. More and more people had started rolling in to get lessons at Cobra Kai and it started to seem as if things were looking up. The Sari girl punched Miguel's hands as he tried to dodge them, the pair and about fifteen other people waiting for Johnny to come out of his office.

Some of the people looked scared, some admired Cyn and Miguel because of the fight in the cafeteria but some of them, they looked ready to fight. The teen smiled as she seen Eli from across the room, he actually came which surprised her, and she was even more surprised that Demetri was with him.

"We did good, Miggy." Cynthia punched the Diaz's boy hand one more time before the two exchanged smiles and perked up at the sound of Johnny's voice.

"Okay, today we begin..." the blonde man stopped when it seemed like nobody was paying attention. "Quiet! Face front."

Everyone followed directions, Cynthia surrounded by Aisha and Miguel on either side of her.

"Nice shirt." Johnny commented as he walked passed Demetri, his arms folded behind his back.

"Thank y—"

"I'm joking it sucks." Cynthia frowned slightly and watched as the Lawrence man walked through the aisles of kids, watching their moves, the way they dressed, every aspect of them. "Word of advice, if you've got shit for teeth don't smile."

The blonde said to another student who simply wanted to join his dojo. Cynthia rolled her eyes and sighed, there wasn't much she could do. He was the boss, and sometimes she had to accept that.

"When I see you all, I don't see Cobra Kai material. I see losers, I see nerds, I see a fat kid with a funny hat and his tits popping at but, in my short time as a sensei, I've also seen some miracles." The man looked at his first three students. "So, maybe there's some hope for you yet but first I need to see where everybody's at so fall in!"

Nobody really knew what to do at that point so, they just stood there until Johnny directed them into the right positions.

It was safe to say this would be a long day at the Cobra Kai dojo.

BEFORE LONG, ALMOST EVERYONE WAS GETTING a hang on things. Within about an hour, they were all in formation going through regular training routines. Cynthia glanced back to lock eyes with Eli every couple minutes and it seemed like he was doing pretty well, until Johnny decided to pick on him.

"Hey, Lip! Yeah you the one with the freaky lip. Who do you think i'm talking to?" Johnny asked.

"He is such a piece of—" The Sari girl began to step forward but Miguel quickly pulled her back, shaking his head.

"Excuse me, Mr. Lawrence?" Demetri called out.

"Sensei Lawrence!" Aisha responded, yelling loudly.

"Okay." The skinny boy shrugged before turning his attention back to Johnny. "You really shouldn't make fun of someone's physical appearance."