chapter twenty one.

Silence — Marshmello, Khalid(Highly recommend listening to this, it describes Cyn perfectly)

(Highly recommend listening to this, it describes Cyn perfectly)

  CYNTHIA COULD FEEL EYES ON HER AS SHE POURED herself a bowl of cereal from the pantry. She was quick to pour herself milk afterward, grab a spoon, and make her way outside before her father gathered the courage to speak to her. It had been a few days since Cobra Kai overshadowed Miyagi-do, and he still hadn't talked to her, but, she didn't want to take the chance.

"Room for one more?" A voice spoke up, making the girl turn her head in it's direction.

"Hey, Miggy." Cyn spoke softly, a small yet forced smile on her face as she patted the seat next to her.

"My mom says you've been having a hard time since your dad came back." The boy wore a frown as he planted himself next to her. "Bianca's been at my house for awhile, she looks upset."

"I—..uh, we haven't really been talking." Cyn put her bowl of cereal on the ground, the urge to eat leaving her. "I've been too stressed to even deal with any of it. I just—.. there's been too much from my dad to everything with Cobra Kai. I can't do all of this anymore."

"What's the problem with Cobra Kai?" The Diaz boy asked, tilting his head to the side.

"You are telling me you haven't felt it change since Kreese came around? Hell, you changed at the tournament. I changed, Eli changed, when was the last time we talked to Demetri? He was one of our best friends and he's barely with us anymore, Mig." Cynthia scoffed at her behavior, and that of her friends. "I don't recognize the people I see when I walk into the dojo anymore, it's all different."

"Do you really think that?" Miguel felt his foot tapping on the ground, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Everyone here has changed, and the longer you fail to realize that, the worse you'll be when the dust settles." The Sari girl pushed herself up from the stairs, grabbing up her bowl from the ground. "I'll see you at practice."

Things had changed, and he was starting to realize that.

  HEARING KREESE SPOUT LIES REALLY GRINDED CYNS GEARS. She realized that Miguel was now seeing it too, and she figured that it was a step in the right direction. Hawk on the other hand, was eating the mans words up like there was nothing better in this world.

"Listen up! Everyone fall in, neat lines and rows." Johnny yelled, snapping the girl away from her thoughts, everyone lining up in their usual spots as he walked through the lines of students. "Time to see what you're made of. Straighten up ginger twins. Sorry, parents can't stay for class, it's an insurance thing."

"I'm not a dad. I.. I am here to kick some ass, sir!" Cyn looked back to see an older man, one she had seen at Home Depot a few times that she had went with her father.